The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can't use jewelry glyphs?

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have a level 8 amulet, level 7 ring, level 11 ring, and many jewelry glyphs that are either level 1-10 or 5-15.

I can't enchant any of the jewelry. The enchant option does not appear when i right click.

I can replace weapon enchantments with glyphs so I'm wondering if maybe you can't replace jewelry enchantments? But if you can't then you need to find unenchanted jewelry and I've never seen any.

EDIT: all three jewelry pieces are quest rewards and one is locked. Maybe quest rewards are locked even if it says they aren't?
Edited by Holycannoli on April 17, 2014 4:55PM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't enchant magical jewellery. You need to enchant an unenchanted piece of jewellery.

Unenchanted jewellery under level 10 is quite rare, but you'll find some later (infrequently).
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Zambonie
    Zambonie
    Mostly named jewelry drops and quest rewards are not enchant-able... Look for a lock on the item description. It means the enchantment cannot be changed.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I edited the OP before reading your response. My jewelry is from quests but only one piece says it's locked.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of low level jewelery can not be enchanted, even if it doesn't show a lock icon.

Once you get to level 15 or so, you'll get enchantable jewelery much more frequently ...
    :)
  • fced
    fced
    ✭✭
    does this apply also to the jewelry we craft ? Sooner i crafted a "Torug Pact set" necklace and ring, and it was not possible to apply any enchantment...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, @fced, you can enchant crafted gear.

Make sure the level of the glyph is not higher than the level of the Torug's gear.

If that's not the issue, go ahead and post some screenshots of what you're trying to do.
  • fced
    fced
    ✭✭
    No, @fced, you can enchant crafted gear.

Make sure the level of the glyph is not higher than the level of the Torug's gear.

If that's not the issue, go ahead and post some screenshots of what you're trying to do.

ok, this is probably what happened, i have no skill in Jewelry, and to complete a set i created a ring lv 24 and the rune level was too probably high for the ring level.
    Thank you