Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alik'r Desert Question

timstateu
timstateu
Soul Shriven
Good morning everyone,

Last night I was running around in Alik’r Desert doing a few quests (DC player). I had been previously running just north of Sentinel killing zombies for xp to catch back up to the zone a little easier. When I felt I was zone-appropriate again, I went back to questing. From my knowledge, I cleared Sentinel, then was sent by the king to the southwest corner (near The Salas En Expedition) and cleared that little quest hub. I then went east and did the quests near Goat’s Head Oasis Wayshrine. Finally, I went to Bergama and did the quests there.

At this point, I felt like I should do another zombie run and grab a “quick” level before I continue to clear the desert. I went back to north Sentinel and pulled my first zombie. Here is where I had my issue, after killing the zombie I did not receive any xp from the mob and I was not able to loot it. I thought, maybe this was a random event, no big deal, I’ll kill another. So I did and the same thing happened. I then decided to log completely out, exit the client, and close the launcher. I loaded the launcher and restarted the game, logged in, and killed another zombie. Same thing, no xp and no loot. I am within 5 levels of the zombies, so I’m not sure what the deal is.

Is there something that happens while questing in the zone that would ‘phase’ the zombies for whatever reason to not provide xp/loot? I am completely confused as to why I’m having this issue at this point. Granted, it’s not ‘game breaking’ or anything like that, it’s just an issue that I didn’t know if I was the only one having it, or if this was something that was meant to take place (phase) that I am not aware of.

Thank you all for your time.

*Note: When I was testing to see if it was a random issue with a particular zombie or a few zombies not providing xp/loot, I did go out into the desert and kill a few other random mobs and verified that I did receive xp/loot from them. So for right now, the only issue is with the zombies north of Sentinel.