Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Build

• Holleywood
    Very good build, I would agree with it! Very useful for PVE and grouping, You may find some PVP difficult with this build. Resort to Luminous Shards for your ranged damage, this is honestly the only weak point in the build. This is you're limited on ranged spells or damage.
    Edited by Holleywood on April 18, 2014 4:22PM
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    Holleywood wrote: »
    Very good build, I would agree with it! Very useful for PVE and grouping, You may find some PVP difficult with this build. Resort to Luminous Shards for your ranged damage, this is honestly the only weak point in the build. This is you're limited on ranged spells or damage.

Luminous Shards wouldn't be terrible, but I think Reflective light would serve a tad bit better as a ranged spell. Provides a bit more CC than shards do. I would also recommend Repentance over Radiant Aura, but it is more of a preference there.
  • cookin32
    cookin32
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

Yea you're right. Not sure why I had radiant, must've been a miss click. It's got a pretty good radius as is.
    Hmm your right reflective does have that snare. I thought the luminous shard would be good though allowing yourself or a teammate to grab some more stamina, though I can't say my build is very stamina heavy lol.
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    Blocking is stamina heavy however, and as far as I know you can't use your own synergies (correct me if I am wrong, that is the impression I got).
  • Holleywood
    Holleywood wrote: »

Luminous Shards wouldn't be terrible, but I think Reflective light would serve a tad bit better as a ranged spell. Provides a bit more CC than shards do. I would also recommend Repentance over Radiant Aura, but it is more of a preference there.

I totally agree Reflective Light is better, but Luminous Shards has potential to hit more targets in the area. I think Reflective Light is a "bread and butter" ranged blast for Templar. If your spending more time in groups your partners would prefer Radiant Aura for those long jogs or hunting down enemies on foot. You can regen their stamina quicker, we have used this many times in PVP to catch up to people and not exhaust or stamina before they do. If you spend more time in solo or small groups, Repentance is the way to go.