Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where do i get a bow, or buy a bow

Davirman
Davirman
Hello there where do i get or buy a bow
Edited by Davirman on April 17, 2014 3:33PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You usually get your first bow from the box the Prophet gave you. Later you can harvest wood (logs on the ground) and craft a bow at a woodworking station. The starter islands (well, not so starter anymore) are filled with all sorts of resources, try there.
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    There are vendors in Towns that can sell you some.

You can also use Woodworking to craft one, if you have materials.

One of the quests in the beginning should also reward a bow if I'm not mistaken.
  • Davirman
    Davirman
    Thanx you :)
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it. Just keep killing stuff - one of the mobs will drop a bow pretty soon. There are thousands of weapon drops in this game.

If you get really fussy over exactly what type of bow, you can craft one - but I really wouldn't bother.
    Don't buy one off anyone - that's really a waste of gold.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    What level are you? I always craft my own bow every 4 levels. On the side note, I have NOT found a single bow that is useful (useful means better than what I carry). However, my wife found lots of different staffs she can use and did not need to craft her own staff. Drop rate for bow is terribad...other weapons are good.
    Edited by siuolly on April 17, 2014 3:44PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jynai wrote: »
    There are vendors in Towns that can sell you some.
    Technically there are... But they typically charge an exorbitant fee for something you can easily craft on your own. A waste of gold, nothing more.
  • Davirman
    Davirman
    Im are in lvl 3 now
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    You always get one for free once you leave Coldharbor and open the container the prophet gives you.
  • siuolly
    siuolly
    ✭✭✭
    What Shimond says... once you exit Coldharbor, you'll reward with a package...open it and its a bow. That's the only bow I use that is not craft by myself.