public dungeons, Anchors and world "Bosses" are all just zerg fest's, why no difficulty at all?

Andy22
Andy22
✭✭✭
Simple request, find some way to make those events/bosses work better with your map and megaserver system. Atm a simple quest has more difficulty than those supposed bosses and world "events". Thats simple math, since i do the quests solo and they are balanced vs my lvl. The bosses/events seem to assume a average of 3-4 players, while in reality i see 6-16 players.

It also seems there is no system in place that can scale or change the event/boss, which really surprises me. I mean it don't take a genius to add megaserver+visible boss icon spot or large event sound/visible radius to realize that probably more than just 2-4 ppl will show up.

This is all extremely frustrating and underwhelming, having events and so called "bosses" that simply act as re-spawning achievement keepers. Than what did i achieve? I simply did 1 hit on the boss, so he does not die in seconds so more have a chance to get the xp/achievement.

This is the worst worldboss/event balancing i have seen so far. Other games also have trivial world bosses, but a larger group actually need to fight 1-10 minutes, which has some form of satisfaction. Here they are killed literally in 2-10 seconds, this is a new all-time difficulty low for "bosses", "world events".
Edited by Andy22 on April 17, 2014 12:30PM
  • dumbo
    dumbo
    Public dungeons/delves I actually find interesting. My only complaint would be boss camping, which they are apparently going to deal with.

Anchors? They seem to be a mix of 'PQ' and 'rift', without any of the interesting features of either system. A "pretty, but shallow" system - if they were removed from the game few people would notice/care :(.

Worldbosses, as you say, simply don't scale.

In terms of difficulty, it is simply far too easy to just stun/knockdown a worldboss/anchor minion.
    Options
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    dumbo wrote: »
    Public dungeons/delves I actually find interesting. My only complaint would be boss camping, which they are apparently going to deal with.

I noticed rather quickly that every single public dungeon in ESO has the exact same oval layout, with a one sided locked/usable door at the beginning?
    Every single public dungeon has exactly ONE boss right at the end, which is actually near the "beginning" of the dungeon. They also made "sure" that u don't have to spend too much time inside a public dungeon, so the size is more or less always the same, so u spend around 5-10 mins in those.

Thats not a "dungeon" design i can enjoy exploring or get any form of interesting game-play out of. If they would remove the skill-point and blue boss loot i would not care to try "explore" them, since its always more of the same.

The last time i saw such "dungeons" where in SWG, where they actually copy/pasted the exact same dungeon layout mesh and only changed the monster in it.

ESO at least try's to give u the illusion of a very small "dungeon", but its a simple oval linear tube u follow and has nothing to-do with what i enjoyed exploring in Oblivion or other games that have, what i consider real "dungeons".
    Edited by Andy22 on April 17, 2014 12:43PM
    Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont know, try running an anchor by yourself and see how easy it is, right now you have packs of players in same areas or power lvlers trying to get the exploratioin points but in time the packs should level out and be more in tune. like you said perhaps some sort of scaling to the numbers of players present may help
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    reggielee wrote: »
    I dont know, try running an anchor by yourself and see how easy it is...

*sarcasm on*

Yeah i could also "try" play blind or with one arm fixed to my back, to make the game more difficult. How about i only play between 3am-7am, than i might be able to "try" solo a anchor or world-boss.
    So it must be my fault that i try to play a "megaserver" MMO at normal daylight times, like everyone else.
    How could they have known that more than one MMO player might open the ingame map and find this "Skull" symbol interesting or the "big chains coming from the skies" ?

*sarcasm off*
    Edited by Andy22 on April 17, 2014 2:08PM
    Options
  • mark2472
    mark2472
    ✭✭✭
    With the megaserver, does playing at off hours even help? I thought the point of the megaserver was to make sure the population in any particular instance stayed fairly constant...
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enter one of the VR zones if you want a challenge. You will find they are sufficiently difficult.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 17, 2014 2:12PM
    Options
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Enter one of the VR zones if you want a challenge. You find more they are sufficiently difficult.

If i want a real "challenge" i would play Eve/EQ1 or PoE in hardcore mode. ESO is a theme-park MMO, where i relax and enjoy the occasional instanced dungeon difficulty.
    I'm not advocating making ESO the next Dark Souls or EvE, but having some occasionally difficulty spike or the need to use the tools/skill ESO offers in group's would be a welcome change.

The only time i actually check/change my skills are for instanced dungeons, otherwise i simply don't care, since what is slotted is always "good enough" to join/do the world-boss/public dungeon zergs.
    I mean i run to the "skull" icon and see 10 ppl already sitting on chairs at the spawn spot, next to the old corpse. So my excitement and anticipation what will happen next, is at its lowest point already. It would be cool if some big Boss would actually spawn and wipe us all, so some form of communication/tactics would be required.

I guess thats too much to ask or might "confuse" the players these days in a theme-park mmo.
    Edited by Andy22 on April 17, 2014 2:28PM
    Options
  • Cascade_V
    Cascade_V
    ✭✭
    dumbo wrote: »
    Anchors? They seem to be a mix of 'PQ' and 'rift', without any of the interesting features of either system. A "pretty, but shallow" system - if they were removed from the game few people would notice/care :(.

Worldbosses, as you say, simply don't scale.

In terms of difficulty, it is simply far too easy to just stun/knockdown a worldboss/anchor minion.

yeah, it'll be interesting to see how they handle that in the future.
    Now its just kinda lame...but free xp...just jump in the fight and get a shot of damage on each creature for the xp.
    Brennan wrote: »
    Sure I'm an ass.
    Edited by Cascade_V on April 17, 2014 7:03PM
    Options
  • Zeyta
    Zeyta
    reggielee wrote: »
    I dont know, try running an anchor by yourself and see how easy it is, right now you have packs of players in same areas or power lvlers trying to get the exploratioin points but in time the packs should level out and be more in tune. like you said perhaps some sort of scaling to the numbers of players present may help

I understand you. I came across an anchor with one other player and it was pretty intense. It wouldn't have been easy to complete but a nice challenge. Shortly after though a few more chars joined in and took some of the load off...Long story short, I enjoy the anchors and would notice if they removed them from the game. It's a little comical to me in a way too, everyone coming together to kill these bad guys than scurries off in a hurry after completion. I like to try and get a quick "high five" in say chat before people run off...I'm a dork like that though.
    Options