Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The Game is Too Quiet!

Edda
Edda
✭✭
I have all my in game sound settings maxxed out but the game is still too quiet compared to everything else on my computer. I adjust the sound with the knob on my speakers but then if I forget to turn it down after I log off the next game or YouTube video I play is ROARING at me.

So my question is, is there a way to turn up the in game sounds even further than the in game sound setting allow, so I don't have to keep fiddling with my speakers?
“The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    provided you are using windows, are you adjusting the slider in your volume mixer? (the speaker icon that is usually found on your task bar near where time is displayed)
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    in Windows 7 open volume mixer and adjust to your heart's content.
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    And that would allow me to adjust the sound for just Elder scrolls? It seems to adjust the speaker sliders as well but I'll try it.
    Edited by Edda on April 17, 2014 2:37AM
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Click the speaker icon, then click Mixer, that opens up a larger window that shows everything you have running that would have volume, find ESO, and fiddle with the slider.
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but touching the ESO slider also moves the speaker slider. I can't get them to move separately.
  • Vraok
    Vraok
    Then move them both as high as you please but simply move the chrome/firefox/whateverbrowseryoureusing lower.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the opposite problem, the game's too damned loud during the asinine 'logo' sequence, the audio settings are totally ignored and the sound blares out until the login screen.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    To disable the startup logos completely...

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live (or liveeu)

Open: UserSettings.txt

Change: SET SkipPregameVideos "0" value to "1"
  • Riksis
    Riksis
    ✭✭
    Coggage wrote: »
    To disable the startup logos completely...

Thank you - I'll try this as soon as I'm home. These Videos are rather annoying.
    English is not my native language. Please bear with me if spelling, grammar or word choice is not correct.
  • vanderghast
    vanderghast
    ✭✭
    With my Dell+Windows 8.1, the in game Setting/Audio/Master volume slider is NOT in synch with the manual setting (for Windows). Also, check if your sound system (ex. Logitech) is not doing something all of its own (such as failing to detect the "game" mode and "filtering" the sounds to produce an effect which is adverse ( mine has "game", "normal" and "music" special settings; on "music", it reduces the "voices" (in quests descriptions) for the game; yours may do something like that too).
    Edited by vanderghast on April 17, 2014 12:52PM
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    Vraok wrote: »
    Then move them both as high as you please but simply move the chrome/firefox/whateverbrowseryoureusing lower.
    Still leaves me with having to adjust the sound on all other games. Not impossible but seems a bit backwards when ESO is the one that ihas the odd sound level. I was hoping there was some game setting file I could go and adjust manually to something higher than what the game sliders allow.