Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

DragonKnight or Templar?

ShaunW50
ShaunW50
Hey,

So at the moment I'm a level 42 Sorcerer and loving it, but I want to start a new character on a different alliance with a friend. I want to be either a DragonKnight or Templar. I see a lot of Templar be full heavy armour and sword/shield and heal/tank. If this is a really good method maybe I should choose Templar over the dragonknight as it can tank as well. What do you guys think, Dragonknight or templar?
  • Humor
    Humor
    ✭✭✭
    DragonKnight is the ideal tank. The reason being is simple. they have armor skills in their skill line that pretty much soft-caps/over caps their armor, thus making them more efficient at the job.

While Templars have a similar skill, it only resides in the Restoration Skill Line, and it only (thus far, have not morphed it yet) casts a circle on the ground which you must stay in, in order to receive the buffs, not to mention the duration is much shorter than molten armor (or w/e it's called).

It all depends on what you want to be really. Of course that's not to say Hybrid classes do not function as well. But they won't function quite as well, as someone who has the skills to backup the certain playstyle.
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    Humor wrote: »
    duration is much shorter than molten armor (or w/e it's called).

It's Spiked Armor. It becomes Molten Armor after morphing.
    ShaunW50 wrote: »
    If this is a really good method maybe I should choose Templar over the dragonknight as it can tank as well.

If you're planning on doing grouping you should probably forget about a hybrid class (at least while you're in a dungeon). Templar's healing ability drops by quite a large percentage if he's not wearing light armor and doesn't use restoration staff (correct me if I'm wrong, my Temp is only 17).

Oh, and full heavy for Templar doesn't seem very reasonable even for solo play. You lose too much of your magicka regen. Yet again I haven't progressed much with my Temp so can't be 100% sure.
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"