Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to make an effective werewolf mage?

Ruddertail
Ruddertail
✭✭✭
I understand that the skills are stamina-based, but on the other hand, I don't really need to put any points in magicka at all, being Altmer in light armor. I could possibly see some 50/50 health/stamina split working, but would it, really?

Opinions, thoughts?
  • MasterLanz
    MasterLanz
    ✭✭✭
    'effective' at what? As a werewolf mage, assuming you make enough skill points that investing into werewolf isn't eating into your build, and assuming something all-purpose, like putting all attribute points into health, you'd end up with what is essentially a mage with no ultimate, who builds werewolf form reeeally slowly if you're not getting hit a lot (which is how Blood Rage works) and occasionally (assuming it doesn't bug and reset) you can turn into a mediocre melee character for a few seconds.

Would it improve your DPS? Probably not. Will it improve your survivability? Maybe, depending on how much you depend on defensive spells for survival. In a pinch if you're out of magicka and that is actually a limiting factor, it might work as a sort of second-wind to keep fighting, but once again, that's assuming it doesn't bug out on you.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp and werewolf just are not worth it for me. Great idea but so many problems with them. I hope they give them some luv and revamp them... no pun intended. ;)
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    donno, i love my vamp. the passives are kick ass
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    @Klimarov

Yeah, the vampire is great. The werewolf not so much, sadly. :(
  • cauxiq
    cauxiq
    ✭✭✭
    You could! The only mages I know of that run a successful WW build are the Hybrid Sorcs (Bow/Dual Wielding/One Hand and Shield/Two-Handed Sorcs).

Because your Altmer + Sorc you'll be fine with racial and sorc passives magicka-wise and just need to worry about building up your stamina (playing Sorc, WW Breton so I feel you on this).

Of course, a WW Sorc won't be as powerful as a melee DK or NB WW because of the fact the base WW attack is based off how much stamina you have.

Right now the WW transformations are bugged and its pretty much just good for RP purposes/building ulti or just if you like WW. :(
    ★ Namira's Test Group | House Dathromir | ESO Blog
    ✧*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*☆*:。.:・*·.✧.·*.¸.·✧·:.¸.·*✧
  • Trenyt
    Trenyt
    Since werewolf attack power is based off maximum stamina, if you enchant your gear with stamina, foods with max stamina and perhaps the tower mundus stone, it shouldnt be to hard to get a reasonable output in that form. The racials and light armor would have to take care of your magic based humanoid output though. I have been debating attempting this as well.
  • Azriuel
    Azriuel
    Im a 40 Redguard Battlemage with Bow/2h.
    And of course a WW and as i can tell i blow the *** out of my enemys with 26% crit combined with the attackspeed.

Mostly I do Critical Surge, transform. It seems to work. Correct me if im wrong.

At the moment my stats are 10/18/11 i will maybe stop at 20 health and put the rest in stamina .

I think Redguard is absolutly the best race for WW.
  • Ironblaze
    Ironblaze
    Argonian Sorc (Dual-wield/bow here) and WW works wonders for bursts of time. Make sure you take the passive in Fighter's Guild that lets undead/daedra give extra ultimate, to help with gain (really, these foes are rather common. Even wisps seem to count in this field) and unleash it at opportune times. I usually go with dungeon/world bosses + minions, using Roar to clear the minions out and kill them (Humanoid minions give more time once you get Devour). Doing this can do wonders in these kinds of fights, giving the rest of the party more time to focus on the boss so he stops summoning trash.
    Iron Shadowscale: VR10 EP Greatsword-slinging, stamina focused, werewolf, self-healing Argonian sorcerer.
    Sensible build? No. Hilariously fun build? Yup!