The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Massive graphical artifact in center of screen

Xancathb16_ESO
Xancathb16_ESO
✭✭✭
So, initially after downloading the client on my macbook pro I found that when launching the game I was taken to a black fullscreen where I could hear the audio but see and do nothing.

I solved this problem by following a solution located here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61776/when-i-click-play-on-the-launcher-the-game-goes-full-screen-i-can-hear-it-but-it-s-black-screen

Basically my game downloaded/installed without a usersettings.txt file for some strange reason.

After loading up the game and reaching the character select screen, I noticed a massive graphical artifact(this artifact is present in the actual game while not at the character selection screen as well, image attached).

I've tried a fresh reinstall of the game (which again installed without including a Usersettings.txt) to no avail. More info below
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B0E
SMC Version (system): 1.68f96
Serial Number (system): C02G8ACVDRJ9
Hardware UUID: 873B7377-0758-5512-B2CB-CAC0C8FBA972
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:
Display Connector:
Display Connector:

Any aid would be much appreciated. :)

Thank you
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main problem is that your graphics card is not supported:
    WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR MAC?

Updated 03/28/2014 11:06 AM Published 12/03/2013 10:07 AM

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.0 or Later
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    Memory: 4 GB System RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 60 GB free HDD space
    Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, ATI Radeon HD 6490M or better
    Resolution: 1024X768 minimum display resolution
    Media: DVD-ROM
    You wont get UserSettings.txt and settings folder in Documents installed until you launch and login into the game.

Do you have the install on the default main Mac HD? or on another partition or external HD? it's the normal reason for that issue.

Since you are Level 44 you must have been playing for sometime? Please confirm if you have been playing the game and it's a new issue or what is the situation. Then we can make some better suggestion.

It looks like some textures are corrupted. Try closing the game then trashing the ShaderCache.cooked file and relaunch.
    ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/liveeu/ShaderCache.cooked

(live is NA install)