Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alignments

Shagar
Shagar
I am playing on a particular alignment with a friend. He is busy a lot, so I have decided to play another alignment for the purpose of being able to play with my friend on the quests that we will do together blind. My question is do the quests you get change from alignment to alignment (aside from main story and guild quests) or is it the same across the board?
I am a kawaii potato
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll find similar quests on each faction.

Example being, there is a quest you find a hungover guy that's lost his shoes/shirt and weapon and claims he had a fight with a witch or something similar.

That one is on all 3 factions. Same with some others.

Not all of them, but some are similar.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by alignment? As in faction? They're completely different if you're Daggerfall Pact vs Aldmeri Dominion, for example. If you mean choices you make in a quest on the same faction they're all the same quests with slightly different (story) outcomes.
  • Shagar
    Shagar
    Yes I mean the alliance, I just want to make sure when I play with my friend both of us can enjoy it together instead of one or both of us saying, oh did it and rush through it. We enjoy exploring and actually spending 10 or more min discussing the ramifications of making choice of A) Let him live or B ) let him die, if that makes any sense at all.
    Edited by Shagar on April 16, 2014 3:16PM
    I am a kawaii potato
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Shagar wrote: »
    Yes I mean the alliance, I just want to make sure when I play with my friend both of us can enjoy it together instead of one or both of us saying, oh did it and rush through it. We enjoy exploring and actually spending 10 or more min discussing the ramifications of making choice of A) Let him live or B ) let him die, if that makes any sense at all.

If you both pre-ordered, you can start in any alliance. Otherwise, you will need to pick one of three races for each alliance.

Daggerfall is Bretons, Orcs and Redgards

Aldmeri is High Elfs, Wood Elfs and cat people.

Ebonhart is Vikings, Lizard People, and Dark Elfs

Daggerfall is the closest to a "traditional" fantasy setting IMO. The other two are more exotic.
  • omalley92eb17_ESO
    Shagar wrote: »
    cat people. Vikings, Lizard People,

Lol...

Khajiit, Nords, Argonians.