Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone Have a Picture of Ancient Elf Greatsword?

Vaerth
Vaerth
✭✭✭✭
I am considering buying the motif off a guildie but was hoping someone here could post a screen shot of the Ancient Elf Greatword who already has the style unlocked. I have had a load of trouble finding anything for Ancient Elf, only find things for Daedric which is not my style lol.

If anyone has the Ancient Elf Greatsword or knows a link to a picture of one PLEASE let me know here with a picture. I would very much appreciate it!
Pact Bloodwraith
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I have no pictures to provide but, ancient elf armor is basically ayleid and maormar armor, which suggests their weapons would also be of the same model, such as how the npc demora wear daedric armor and carry daedric weapons, the goblins all wear primal armor and carry primal weapons etc.

So if you don't get any pictures, there's that.
  • dinogn
    dinogn
    Did you tried esohead's craft simulator? Its not really a screenshot, but itcan give you an idea on how it look
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I didnt know about anything like that, I will go give it a look. Thanks :)
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I checked the simulator and it is no different that what I saw in the game using blacksmith (unchecking have knowledge of course). I am sure SOMEONE here has the motif. I am even willing to pay some gold if someone could get me a screenshot of the Ancient Elf Motif.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope someone takes a moment who has to style to help me :(

willing to tip 2,000 gold
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I have no pictures to provide but, ancient elf armor is basically ayleid and maormar armor, which suggests their weapons would also be of the same model, such as how the npc demora wear daedric armor and carry daedric weapons, the goblins all wear primal armor and carry primal weapons etc.

So if you don't get any pictures, there's that.

Thank you for that bit of information, I will see if I can find it on google :)

Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no results :( google is not being very useful today for me lol
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably looks like a tiny dagger with fancy elf stuff written on it and some pink ribbons tied to the hilt.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    probably looks like a tiny dagger with fancy elf stuff written on it and some pink ribbons tied to the hilt.

I was waiting for the first troll to pop in, thank you for your excellent contribution to my thread. I always find it odd that people take the time to post troll replies, whats the point? Why bother posting anything at all if it is like that? Nothing better to do I take it?
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it was more of a joke than a troll. Unless he seriously thinks the Ayleids ran around with weapons looking like that. I would imagine it would look more like a glass weapon (just a guess).
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭
    search?q=teso+elf+greatsword+pics&sa=X&hl=en&gl=us&authuser=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=ZpFOU8DENcGsyAT944KYCg&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=988#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=kYl0va5DDAZGcM%253A%3BXBSMeI-YxTqbzM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimg3.wikia.nocookie.net%252F__cb20120513002444%252Felderscrolls%252Fimages%252Fe%252Fe5%252FElvengreatsword.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Felderscrolls.wikia.com%252Fwiki%252FElven_Greatsword%3B1000%3B1000
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skillet wrote: »
    search?q=teso+elf+greatsword+pics&sa=X&hl=en&gl=us&authuser=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=ZpFOU8DENcGsyAT944KYCg&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=988#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=kYl0va5DDAZGcM%253A%3BXBSMeI-YxTqbzM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimg3.wikia.nocookie.net%252F__cb20120513002444%252Felderscrolls%252Fimages%252Fe%252Fe5%252FElvengreatsword.png%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Felderscrolls.wikia.com%252Fwiki%252FElven_Greatsword%3B1000%3B1000

This is from Skyrim, and it is just elven normal style lol. I am looking for the Ancient Elf Greatsword from Elder Scrolls Online.....Not anything to do with Skyrim...
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    It'll look semi similar to an Altmer greatsword. It'll be more floral though.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have someone kind enough to show me what it looks like today in game, I will take a screen shot of it and show it here for those who wanted to see it. Thank you for those who helped out, and those who came to post nonsense, well, get a life :)

Picture will be here tonight, I will be giving credit for the photo to the player taking his time to help another gamer out. :)
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turns out the player though High Elf was Ancient Elf lol, still no photos.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Based on my previous statement and due to the total lack of any sort of screenshots of actual ancient elf armor so far, I walked over to the Maormar embassy on Khanarthi's Roost and took a picture of a maormar with a greatsword.

Can I confirm 100% that this is what an ancient elf greatsword looks like? No
    Is it likely based off of the fact that maormar wear a style that looks like ancient elf armor? Maybe. It does look somewhat similar to the thumbnail you get when you preview it at a craft station, moreso than any other styles.
    oOyp99Q.jpg
    Edited by Nasuradin_ESO on April 18, 2014 9:28PM
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks fantastic, regardless.
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for taking the picture. VERY much appreciated.
    Pact Bloodwraith