Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't channeld Heavy Attacks crit ?

Snibb
Snibb
Hi,

i'm playing Templar Healer and even solo i run around with a restoration staff.
I have 16% crit (sometimes i'm using magelight than its 36%), but thats worth nothing on my autoattacks because my heavy attack can't crit.
Solo i can simply use light attacks but i still loose the magicka return on heavy attacks.
But in dungeons i want to use the heavy attack because of the small heal at the end and because i need all the magicka i can get. And then i loose all the benefit of my 36% crit.
Please change it so that the channeld Heavy Attacks of the Restostaff (and lightning) can crit.

bye
  • rlconeb14_ESO
    rlconeb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Correct me if I am wrong here but from my understanding restoration staff falls under stamina not magic to up damage, the same as all the other weapons. This being the case I would assume magic crit from mage light, etc would do nothing to cause you to be able to crit with them. However, I could be mistaken just my take on it.
  • Rizzit
    Rizzit
    ✭✭
    You're wrong staff scales with magic stats unlike all other weapons.
    Pack Leader of "Werewolves"
  • Snibb
    Snibb
    actually, you are both partially wrong.
    As a weapon the damage of autoattacks scales with stamina and weapondamage.
    But as staves the critchance is spellcrit (this has been tested).
  • Erotes
    Erotes
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they simply redesign the resto staff attack. It is really boring to play and if you hold it down while channeling sometimes it glitches and you end up posing for 2 seconds rather than attacking.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The last hit of a Lightning Staff actually can crit, because it sends out a small projectile.

All they need to do is add something similar with the resto staff.

It really really sucks that they can't crit.

At least the light attacks do...
    Edited by NordJitsu on April 17, 2014 3:02PM
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU