Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does spell power/weapon power do?

Kalfis
Kalfis
✭✭✭✭
What does spell power/weapon power do? I see abilities that say "Increased spell power and weapon power on next attack". But what does spell power/weapon power even do?

On Solar Barrage you get 50 spell power and weapon power on next attack. Do I get 50 more damage from abilities? Does my spell damage go up by 50? Do my weapon damage go up by 50?
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell = Magika
    Weapon = Stamina

This in most of the cases...
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done some calculations. For me each 50 stamina ups my weapon skill damage by 2 and physical skill attacks by 5 (not mouse button attack only skill)

If you have a weapon skill attack that does lets say 50 dmg the next one will do 100
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    I have done some calculations. For me each 50 stamina ups my weapon skill damage by 2 and physical skill attacks by 5 (not mouse button attack only skill)

If you have a weapon skill attack that does lets say 50 dmg the next one will do 100

Is that a typo or am I just not getting it? At the top you said it increases it by 2 and at the bottom you said it goes from 50 to 100.
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    Spell power or weapon power increases the maximum extra damage you can do with a weapon or spell. It also increases the maximum extra damage you can do with a critical hit.

Unfortunately your level and weapon damage have a maximum dictated by class and level(you can open your character sheet to see this)

I guess the best way to explain how this works...is just plain fight with your character sheet open....notice the values change when you get the buff.

Yes they don't use the icons....I assume because that sort of graphic would be difficult for a mobile phone screen.
  • SamAkira
    SamAkira
    ✭✭
    I've never really taken much notice of Spell DMG and Wep DMG, through the first 50 levels the game was kind of a cake walk. However, things are more interesting now I'm playing through Vet Stuff. Was having a a conversation about this with a Nightblade Pal. I'm a Templar VR3 - 49 Points in health, every piece of equipment as base magicka buff all light armor. My Weapon DMG is 120, my spell damage is 80. This, I don't understand. There is nothing buffing my weapon damage or my stamnia. Furthermore, my nightblade friend at the same level is in the 140s for both. Why is my weapon damage greater than my spell damage? Why is there such a big difference from Templar to Nightblade? What should my stats look like? Is the game just weird? Did I not research enough before playing??
  • KoooZ
    KoooZ
    ✭✭
    SamAkira wrote: »
    I've never really taken much notice of Spell DMG and Wep DMG, through the first 50 levels the game was kind of a cake walk. However, things are more interesting now I'm playing through Vet Stuff. Was having a a conversation about this with a Nightblade Pal. I'm a Templar VR3 - 49 Points in health, every piece of equipment as base magicka buff all light armor. My Weapon DMG is 120, my spell damage is 80. This, I don't understand. There is nothing buffing my weapon damage or my stamnia. Furthermore, my nightblade friend at the same level is in the 140s for both. Why is my weapon damage greater than my spell damage? Why is there such a big difference from Templar to Nightblade? What should my stats look like? Is the game just weird? Did I not research enough before playing??

What weapons do each of you use and how good or bad are they?
  • SamAkira
    SamAkira
    ✭✭
    KoooZ wrote: »
    SamAkira wrote: »

What weapons do each of you use and how good or bad are they?

I use level appropriate Destro staff and likewise, the NB uses level appropriate daggers.