Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Will the entire area of Skyrim ever be complete, and available to play in?

Emopower
Emopower
We have Windhelm and Riften which I love playing in, I was wondering if anyone ever talked about or mentioned adding areas such as Whiterun and Markarth and so on, I know the game isn't based on skyrim, or anything. Just curious to see if anyone talked about adding all the zones as an expansion etc.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure they intend to fill in more of the map. I can't imagine all the zones in are all we'll ever get (indeed we know they can't be with Craglorn).
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    That is why many of the zones we can't visit yet. These areas are reserved for future updates, such as craglorn. If they completed all the zones already they would have to look to the continents around Tamriel or planes of oblivion for future content.
    Edited by Anthony45122 on April 15, 2014 7:38PM
  • Emopower
    Emopower
    Ok thanks for the info. I do however want to say that they could easily add the zones now and add updates later, If you played Skyrim, Dawnguard was added into the existing world of Skyrim. Same with Knights of the nine on Oblivion. And so on.

This is of course my personal opinion. :)
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it will; a better question is will they ad the Akavir Continent after they finish with Tamriel:

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Akavir_(Continent)
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org