The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Character Screen or Out-of-Game Character Tracker?

Ser Lobo
Ser Lobo
✭✭✭✭✭
I am extremely interested in either a third-party app or a login screen addon which would allow us to quickly and easily see the research times, horse timers, and exp totals, etc ... of our various characters, without having to log into them each time.

Is anyone working on this? Is it even possible to add an addon to the login screen? Are there any third-party applications making use of the API?
Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still interested. Something that works on an android device would also be awesome.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone working on this? Is it even possible to add an addon to the login screen? Are there any third-party applications making use of the API?
    We cannot acces game data or run any code while you are not logged in with a character. Character selection and any loading screen are out of our reach too.
    The best we can do is put the Research data of all characters into a accountwide saved variable, so you can view it from all others (as long as the Addon runs on those too).
    And there are several for that already.
    Edited by zgrssd on June 29, 2014 11:36AM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the OP wants a program to upload the saved variable to a website so they can view the data in the saved variable in a web page while offline.

I wrote something for personal use for Librarian which allows me to read my ESO books offline from anywhere.
    Edited by Dominoid on June 29, 2014 12:22PM
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    I think the OP wants a program to upload the saved variable to a website so they can view the data in the saved variable in a web page while offline.

I wrote something for personal use for Librarian which allows me to read my ESO books offline from anywhere.

The program could probably be very comprehensive, even if it still requires the player to make that extra step of 'uploading' before exiting the game.

Tracking character research timers?
    Checking character achievements?
    Lorebooks and books read?
    Skill lists?

Now obviously this program could not make changes to the game itself at all. But it would be useful for monitoring characters out of game.

XBOX NA

• zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

The program could probably be very comprehensive, even if it still requires the player to make that extra step of 'uploading' before exiting the game.
    The other way. You have to upload after logging out/exiting the game. SavedVars are not actually written back to the disk before the User Interface is unloaded. And even then only with a short delay based on disk load.

Every Addon stores this kind of data in a slightly different way/data structure. So we either needed an addon that stores it in a known way or a converter that makes a known format from different addons saved vars.
    Then you need a place to host the data. Without that you would have to sync the extracted data too your mobile phone manually too.
    Then you need to write the app to actually show the data for multiple mobile phones OS.

So 90-95% of the work would not even be inside ESO, but on the OS level instead.
    It is propably easier to just wait till they implement something like this themself, unless you really have a ton of free time at your hand.

And then there is the whole "Saved Var" bug that makes working with them temporarily impossible/different so we had to rewrite it once that bug is fixed.

Possible: Yes. Definetely. I can plan this from Addon to App.
    Feasibility: Likely not worth the effort for what it gives us.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.