Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

2 Enchantments on a piece of gear?

swoop.romerb16_ESO
i read a guide here on enchanting gear with 2 enchants. Armor and weapons must be epic or higher

How does this work? How do i enchant a piece of item with 2 enchants??

Would appriciate that you answer if you KNOW something about this, and not people who just happens to know everything about everything because they think so.

Thx :-)
  • manyrabidrats
    manyrabidrats
    ✭✭✭
    epic or higher can be achieved by improving the gear at a station. enchanting two enchants then works like enchanting one enchant (right click and click 'enchant')
  • swoop.romerb16_ESO
    very clear answer. THX!

also how does it work with jewelry? Has to be epic too or not?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC the epic (or better) need to have already one enchantment and a lock sign for it to work
  • Raapnaap
    Raapnaap
    ✭✭
    Wait, what? Epic+ quality items can have two enchants? I never heard about that before.

Edit: Are you sure you're not confused with traits and enchants? In an item tooltip, the bottom one is a trait, the top one an enchant.
    Edited by Raapnaap on April 15, 2014 3:19PM
  • Victt
    Victt
    ... my gear can have 2 enchantments? Just crafted a full Epic Daedra Set for vet 5. :joy:
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    If I remeber right... double enchanting was removed from the game during the last beta stages... but I could be wrong on this...
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62354/enchanting-101-the-need-to-knows

Double Enchanting

As far as I have learned (correct me if anyone finds otherwise). To double enchant an item the current item must have a lock on it and if a weapon or armor piece must be upgraded to at least purple or better gear level. An item with a locked symbol cannot have its enchantment changed to a different one, but can however have a second enchantment applied to that item. Jewelry can have a double enchant placed on it as long as it has a lock symbol on it. Until they implement upgrading of jewelry I do not see this feature changing until then. Here is a picture below of an item with a double enchantment.

1749057.jpg
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I remeber right... double enchanting was removed from the game during the last beta stages... but I could be wrong on this...
    This. I think that guide might be out of date unless someone has tested this on live.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • andrei_baruub17_ESO
    who cares.. whats the point of the extra enchants.. ive been soft capped in every important stat since like lvl 30 In this game of "choice" everyone at end game is a *** carabon copy cookie cutter of everyone else. EVERY DK will have exactly the same stats and enough points to "own" exactly all the same skills ( which is ALL OF THEM). The choice in this game is a joke.
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    actually the choice aspect iembraces the fact that you can choose any time which skills you want. Thus adjusting your skills in a certain situation. That is choice.

Apart from that, about double enchants. Can I craft a dagger, upgrade it to epic level and then double enchant it?
  • swoop.romerb16_ESO
    Yes you should be able to, i havent tested myself. The guide myself and multharex is refering to was written and edited on april 1st, so i guess its up to date. As long as the weapon/armor DOES NOT have a "lock" on it