Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The fight vs bots Round two. Now with more Kool-aid.

rager82b14_ESO
rager82b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So ya, I've been notice that I'm about to mine some thing and it just vanishes on my screen. I was about to blame mega server for it, but it happen often. I would also get a glance of a person running through the rocks.

People have been saying that they are clipping underground making it hard to report them. So if any one has seen this also. Please report!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you miss ALL the threads round here waffling on about bots?
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    How did you miss ALL the threads round here waffling on about bots?

I'm good like that. Besides, Most of them have turned into flame fest. Mine is asking a question about what they have seen. So my thread>them. Any other questions?

• Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    I guess I've been lucky as I have yet to see armies of bots, or the invisible resource farmers.

But I definitely will report them when I see it.
  • Cloakofwinter
    I've seen the invisible - or seemingly so - resource harvesters. Usually around 3-5 am EST.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen them too, they're often underground where you can't see them. Makes it extremely difficult to catch their name to report. Was a major issue in FFXIV too.
  • Meogi
    Meogi
    I've noticed it as well. I thought it was a bug the first times and reported it as such.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.. Guess none of the bots want what I am trying to harvest.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen that nodes disappear some times, once I even heard an axe hitting an log who then disappeared.
    however why should anybody be stupid enough to use an bot to farm high iron and oak? Our guild bank is overflowing with it?
    Why not go after higher level stuff, if you want to speed level crafting it would be smarter to deconstruct higher level items anyway. And why use an bot in an area visible from an wayshrine instead of an rarely visited area.

I guess its an phasing bug similar to how quests break.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    I was running into this with ebon thread last night seemed most nodes I would encounter were "already in use" then they would vanish.
    "Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."