Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

EU servers back online late morning?

Zilas
Zilas
✭✭✭
"The European megaserver will be brought down at 5:00 AM BST / 6:00 AM CEST. At this time, we expect the European megaserver to be back online by late morning."

So it's been 4 hours, it's late morning and we've still not received any kind of update, nor on forums nor on twitter, People have different meanings when it comes to late morning, some would have been one hour ago, some one hour from now, so while you can't be wrong with that ETA, you're not really giving people an ETA either.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really late morning. Maintenance has to be done at some time, and I'm glad they seem to have learned from previous cockups and now do it at a time which is convenient to Europeans. This is in no way, shape or form peak time for most of us.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Late morning I take to be 10-11 maybe 12. Try taking a cold shower.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    Late morning I take to be 10-11 maybe 12. Try taking a cold shower.

Already did, and I can assure you it wasn't a cold one :)

Not everyone wakes up at 10 am and calls 12 late morning.

As I said, different people, different meanings of late morning.

4 hours with no updates and no ETA, as late morning could have meant anything is annoying.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    There - you've got your wish. :)

btw - I get up 5 am mostly - still consider late morning to be well, late.
    Edited by Censorious on April 15, 2014 8:26AM
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate these maintence cycles. They maybe good for a lot of EU players buti get up every morning at 3am and play from 3.30am till about 7am. I've done this routine for many years and I consider late morning to be about 8am.

At the end of the day, they have to do it sometime and I commend them for doing it at a time when most EU are in bed, at work or school which is better than the Aussies get which is prime time, Friday night!

In short. Wait, go outside, jog on the spot and wait patiently. Just not sure my fingers will last much longer! :)
    Edited by Loxy37 on April 15, 2014 8:26AM
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    I hate these maintence cycles. They maybe good for a lot of EU players buti get up every morning at 3am and play from 3.30am till about 7am. I've done this routine for many years and I consider late morning to be about 8am.

At the end of the day, they have to do it sometime and I commend them for doing it at a time when most EU are in bed, at work or school which is better than the Aussies get which is prime time, Friday night!

In short. Wait, go outside, jog on the spot and wait patiently. Just not sure my fingers will last much longer! :)

To be honest, those are bad times for playing when it comes to maintenances or just general social interaction in game, almost nobody online at those times and if there's a maintenance you'll lose a lot of playtime, however, those times are also the best for farming resources :)

And yes, the server was back up 2 minutes before I made this thread, funny, cause I actually thought something like that would happen.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zilas wrote: »

And yes, the server was back up 2 minutes before I made this thread, funny, cause I actually thought something like that would happen.
    This is common everywhere, say you call support and problem is fixed while in queue.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.