The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What determines the lvl of provisioning items?

james.harrison077rwb17_ESO
Hey guys!

I really like provisioning but now that I've left the 15 map, i'm not getting any mats for lvl 15 recipes anymore. I'm currently in a lvl 16-23 zone and I've only been looting lvl 20 items. Im wondering what determines the lvl of the provisioning mat? Is the the map you're currently in or what ever provisioning craft lvl you have?
  • Trainerdc
    Trainerdc
    ✭✭
    I think it is both. I sometimes get higher provisioning items even on the lvl 15 map.
    "You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelagius. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old?"
    -Sheogorath
  • Mishoniko
    Mishoniko
    ✭✭✭
    Zones have a cap on material tier for Provisioning to keep high level people from farming early zones for current mats. If you need earlier materials then head back to an earlier zone, i.e. Auridon for AD for level 1-15 stuff.

I was usually lucky enough to get recipes for the 5-10 levels ahead of me so when the new materials started showing up I could use them immediately or with a skillpoint. I usually had tons of previous foods; I was cashing out 50-60 excess food items at each tier transition.
  • james.harrison077rwb17_ESO
    Mishoniko wrote: »
    Zones have a cap on material tier for Provisioning to keep high level people from farming early zones for current mats. If you need earlier materials then head back to an earlier zone, i.e. Auridon for AD for level 1-15 stuff.

I was usually lucky enough to get recipes for the 5-10 levels ahead of me so when the new materials started showing up I could use them immediately or with a skillpoint. I usually had tons of previous foods; I was cashing out 50-60 excess food items at each tier transition.

Thanks for your reply, yeah I kinda figured it was determined by the map you're in or else like you said all the high lvls would farm it. So I guess its back to Auridon for me to get some lower lvl mats.