Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Nightblade] Teleport Strike...can we do away with the cast time???

dbpanther7_ESO
dbpanther7_ESO
Soul Shriven
I find it very difficult to attack mobs when groups of people are around and try to teleport strike (lotus fan/ambush) in before they get one shotted due to the .7 cast time on this ability. This also becomes increasingly difficult in PvP due to terrain issues and LoS(Line of Sight) issues as well. I noticed all the other "gap closers" that are considered a "charge" are instant but have minimum 3.5 distance. So my question is two fold: Do other nightblades dislike the cast time on teleport strike and Would you be opposed to giving it a minimum range therefore making it instant?
Edited by dbpanther7_ESO on April 15, 2014 5:51AM
  • Vodkaphile
    Vodkaphile
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate it.

In PvP, it's almost not worth using - except for the lack of better gap closers, unless we go 2h. It teleports you to where the target was when you used the ability, I find. Accounting for slight latency aside, when someone is sprinting away or running around terrain variations it doesn't even put you in melee range. Often times I get it where the animation goes off, but I stay in the same place, because of the cast time and the movement of whatever you had targeted.

So yeah, I would love for it to be instant. I honestly dont see why it isn't, it surely isn't for balance.
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Signed, cast time is really annoying. No need for that nonsense, no reason to keep it.
  • Dominulf
    Dominulf
    ✭✭✭
    The cast time is annoying and the placement after teleport is awkward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - Where the best spells are AoEs and the strongest weapon is a Shield!

"I used to be the most beloved roleplaying series of a generation... but then I took $14.99/mo to the knee."
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    besides the fact that 80% of NB abilities are broke I doubt they're going to rework this :(

@Dominulf your sig is awesome ;)
  • ConterK
    ConterK
    ✭✭
    this ability is amazing, and the cast time allows you to do insane damage..
  • Drathmar
    Drathmar
    Anoteros wrote: »
    besides the fact that 80% of NB abilities are broke I doubt they're going to rework this :(

@Dominulf your sig is awesome ;)

More like 10% but you know, keep on lying and exaggerating so they don't get fixed instead of pointing out the *** that really is broke.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huh, haven't really noticed a cast time, and I have no problems using it in pvp, I often open on a player from stealth with lotus fan, hit them with blood craze, blinding flurry, then hit them with a drain essence, and if they're still kicking by that point, a whirlwind or another blinding flurry tends to finish them off. I've only ever noticed it in pve, when I'm trying to get back in the massive party going on with the mobs and my group mates, but then the mob im trying to tp to dies, but otherwise, nah, I have no problems with the ability, quite like it to be honest, one of my favorites in fact.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey