Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More Horse Colors and a Companion Vendor?

Frimbertrips
Frimbertrips
✭✭
Wanted to throw this out there early for ideas because we have very little to choose from right now.

Buckskin, brown pinto, black, brown, palomino, white-grey... That's what we have.
I'd like to see more favorites like Piebald, Chestnut, Bay, Dapple Grey, Cremello and the less common ones among games: Splash, Grulla, Perlino, Roan... there's more....
And please for the love of all that is holy don't confuse COLORS with BREEDS. They are NOT the same. A pinto can be a paint but a paint is not always a pinto. Not all buckskins are Gaited and not everything black is a Freisian. Nirn doesn't even have Freisians....

For companions we have a crab and a... little... creature... and a monkey?
I'd like to see an NPC vendor who sells different colored dogs, tamed wolves, nix hounds, I always liked having a dog in skyrim, useless as they were.

On a side note, faction mounts? Or just the option to brand your mount with paint or on their barding. I just want more horse colors and a dog. So there are some ideas, yours?
  • Dbetz007
    Dbetz007
    Extra Companions might be nice the ability to get one in game and choose what you want would be fun too. Just cant have the ones they gave out on there aka the monkey and the mudcrab
  • mercenaryaieb17_ESO
    I stopped using companions after one too many incident where you crawl through dangerous ruins and freak out at sudden noise, only to realize it was your pet :neutral_face:

For horses, I'd love to customize look of mine. Maybe even horse armor or packages to supplement (or boost) specific horse builds.

But hopefully it would not require training another horse from ground up, as that would mean the new horse is always 10-12 levels behind the first one(s).

• Frimbertrips
    Frimbertrips
    ✭✭
    Yeah, retraining a horse when it takes 41 days for the most dedicated of us (training every 20 hours on the spot) would really suck. Tack that boosts stats would be a good addition. The best horses would remain the best in their respective areas but we could spiff up the crappy ones we like. The white, brown and palomino.

And companions shouldn't take up bag space; It's convenient that they can be traded freely between characters this way, but when they are out on the ground they shouldn't be in our bag too.

EDIT: You know, being able to set up a feeding schedule for horses would be simple and nice. For example: Talk to the stablemaster and tell him to feed your horse X amount of food. And he feeds your horse when it's hungry if you're there of not. And to save on gold complications, pay ahead.
    Edited by Frimbertrips on April 15, 2014 8:27PM
  • vamped555
    vamped555
    ✭✭
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I think it would be nice if we could put armor on our horses, or decorate the manes and tails... something... so that they don't all look the same. Maybe have dye available for all the white horses out there?
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the companion vendor, I think a spell to summon a dremora vendor like in the Dragonborn DLC would be cool.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

• drakaris
    drakaris
    There's one ore horse color I'd particularly like to see: grey. Not like the dapple-grey, which is too dark and spotty and has white hair and isn't available anymore; not like the grey Yokudan which is sort of brownish-grey and unavailable. I was hoping for a smooth grey horse with grey mane, the grey being either neutral or just barely bluish, and the mane being either the same color as the body or a little darker grey.
  • theforgottenking1779
    And add werewolf color option