The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What should I do?

DarkWombat
DarkWombat
✭✭✭✭
Okay here are my characters and my original plan A:

Imperial Templar (lvl 17): MAIN - Gathers but does not craft
Dark Elf Sorcerer (lvl 9): Clothier (lvl 5) and Enchanting (lvl 4)
Nord Dragonknight (lvl 3): Blacksmith (lvl 5)
High Elf Nightblade (lvl 3): Woodworker (lvl 6)

I don't have any interest in Provisioning and Alchemy. I will go nuts with bag space. Okay, as you can see there is some OCD going on here. I prefer that the people crafting also be the people who can wear the gear. Also, with this plan, I need no Motifs except maybe the Altmer one if my Dark Elf makes medium armor for my Nightblade.

So this involves lots of bank time. My main goes to the bank constantly to deposit white and green cloth drops, enchanting stuff, ore, Jute, etc, etc... The good part is that my Nord can make Nord armor and send it to my Imperial and he can change it instantly.

So here is my dilemma. I am hearing that there are more than enough Skyshards to go around, and I really do not need to have other characters craft. I can pretty much do it on my main. However, it would feel weird to have a Templar make cloth items. But this would no doubt prevent some bank time, as I would just spend a lot of time on my main, deconstructing quest gear I don't need. And every now and then I would make an item one of my alts can use, and bank it for him.

Another thing is that my Templar and Dark Elf Sorcerer are the ones I am mainly playing. I cannot guarantee the Nord and High Elf will get much playing time. This means they will not have many chances for Skyshards.

So my question is this, do I stick with my original plan A, or do I change and make my main Templar a Blacksmith? I wont mention making him a clothier as that just feels weird to me and my Sorcerer would like to do that lol.
Edited by DarkWombat on April 15, 2014 3:29AM

What should I do? 18 votes

Keep Everything the Same
16%
DarkWombatFonzzAnastasia 3 votes
Make the Templar a Blacksmith
50%
RebSoraciaAbeilleTetujinFU2RAZORWhiteQueenKingDasDingMorbias83Kl3mzyy 9 votes
Make the Templar do everything
33%
MalediktusBerylDreadnoughtasaikSyntaxError501mr_MAX 6 votes
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not sure if you are going to play one character much, and that one is the character that was going to make the gear for your main character, then I think that you should cast it aside. Make your main character a blacksmith. If after a while you regret it, you can always reset your skill points and focus on your nord's crafting skills again.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    You get around, based on reports, 300 SP at vet levels. So BS isn't really that big a hit on your build. In fact, you could probably do enchanting as well.
  • Soracia
    Soracia
    ✭✭
    I don't get why you think that the classes are tied to a specific armour type; they aren't in this game, a templar caster (especially healer) will wear cloth and a sorcerer tank will wear heavy armour.

That said, it makes more sense to have crafting on a character you play a lot so that you have the skill points not just to move on to later materials but also to squeeze the maximum from your materials, reduce your crafting time and so on.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    Make the Templar do everything
    My templar does everything and wears a mix of light and heavy armour with cute wooden staves. All of those she crafts herself every 4 levels or so (almost lvl50 by now). She did max provisioning on the way - not collecting anything, just before going to a vendor she was checking if something can be cooked first. It worked well for her. Alchemy is also nearly maxed, I am only keeping some plants for future. Alts are used for storing the enchanting runes and gear for research purpose. That works for me :)