Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

More Bots, we need more BOTS!!!

hogue.justinub17_ESO
In all seriousness, this is getting out of hand. This is not only becoming a problem in public dungeons (like many have stated) but now its becoming a huge problem outside in the questing areas as well. There are literally mobs of them all grouped up spamming that Templar spell. They move and kill so fast you cant even tag the mob. I spent WAY more time than was necessary to get this quest done. Something needs to be done! Park GMs or something....
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already had the first wave of bans.

This is the way of things. The developers block and ban, the botters find new ways around the new code. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    I have an idea for bots. I say when a toon is determined to be a "bot" just make them open to being attacked by other players. The smack downs would be awesome. You could even give an Achievement for it, something like; "Bot Hunter".
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    It is a uncontrollable force of bots, they are taking over the world. It's the matrix all over again.

Seriously though, it's things like this that will drive people away. It needs to get nailed quickly.

Please don't follow SWTOR way and IP ban anyone from China, I play from China :)
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they deliberately made the public dungeon bosses as bot-traps, so that they could periodically jump around and 'harvest' them with bans without having to search so hard.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else seen those underground resource stealing bots?

Couple of times now i've run up to a resource and had someone pop out of the ground just to pop back under again and then appear at the next node down the road.

Amusing to watch, annoying to gather mats around.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, not in person but I have seen videos. Teleporting hacks or something.
  • Fina
    Fina
    ✭✭✭
    There is a great way to report those teleport hackers. Stand in front of a wayshrine (not in a city / high traffic area). Wait for the teleport hackers to come in. Press F. Report player.

I think I averaged 5 bots a minute in Rivenspire. In total, I reported over 30 (Received a lot of e-mails from ZOS.) They are easy to spot with their "soul shriven" clothes and their crazy nonsense names.
  • dreildragb14_ESO
    Maybe they deliberately made the public dungeon bosses as bot-traps, so that they could periodically jump around and 'harvest' them with bans without having to search so hard.

LMAO, I thought pretty much the same thing. Walked into a public dungeon and only in one spot, and I mean the exact same spot you got 10+ people auto attacking spawning bosses that's not even visible yet. I mean I was sitting their thinking how much easier could it get to to ban the people you just need a GM to walk threw the instances and their lined up for them ready for the bann hammer.
    Fina wrote: »
    There is a great way to report those teleport hackers. Stand in front of a wayshrine (not in a city / high traffic area). Wait for the teleport hackers to come in. Press F. Report player.

I think I averaged 5 bots a minute in Rivenspire. In total, I reported over 30 (Received a lot of e-mails from ZOS.) They are easy to spot with their "soul shriven" clothes and their crazy nonsense names.

Dude.. lol.. we all know names like "kghahf" or groups of toons with the same name just the letter at the end took hours to plan!
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, like ive said in other threads, they wouldnt be doing it if it werent so bloody profitable. Remove all rewards from the bosses. Problem solved.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove all rewards from the bosses. Problem solved.

Also removes the need for some folk to do them.

I don't kill mobs and bosses just for fun, I expect something for it.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Remove all rewards from the bosses. Problem solved.

Also removes the need for some folk to do them.

I don't kill mobs and bosses just for fun, I expect something for it.
    You do get something for killing it, experience and the dungeon completion.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather have shiny things.

Why don't we compromise....

They put dungeons in for people to get xp and completions and one in each zone or us that like to run them for new toys .... or rubbish toys we can break down for crafting.

That way, you lot get to happy without that annoying loot filling your bags and you won't have to worry about lots of people getting in your way and I can fight with the bots for the shiny.

Everyone is happy.
  • dreildragb14_ESO
    Crystals alone are worth the farm. Sells nice and keeps your gear charged and you can rez where you die if the levels are right.

Other loot can be sold for extra gold or power level crafting professions and/or resources depending on the skill points placed in crafting. To me its a nice gold farm.

Example a 80 bag slot toon, farms 15 boss guys (say 20 minutes), gets 4+ items per boss. That's 60 items and some of them stack like potions.

Break it down.
    1 shard low level say 9 gold per
    1+ items sword or armor 20-50 gold per
    0-1 Potions 1 gold per
    1 green item 20-50 gold per or resourced down to mats
    1-2 gold for the kill

So off the lvl 8 boss per kill is 51-110 gold per kill, 765g-1650g+ per run.

People farming these looking at numbers like that I don't blame them for farming, but not by means of afk bots.
  • imowen70_ESO
    I want that "Bot Hunter" achievement. that is the best idea I have heard.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭

I'd rather have shiny things.

Why don't we compromise....

They put dungeons in for people to get xp and completions and one in each zone or us that like to run them for new toys .... or rubbish toys we can break down for crafting.

That way, you lot get to happy without that annoying loot filling your bags and you won't have to worry about lots of people getting in your way and I can fight with the bots for the shiny.

Everyone is happy.
    You should note that I never said remove loot from all mobs, just the boss that continually respawns in the same spot and is easy for bots to farm. You can still run around killing stuff if thats your fancy, but my proposition is to make the boss not farmable.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that meanwhile while Zenimax is "watching and preparing their measures" the botters already flooded the market with their stuff.

For now I would appreciate it if a GM goes through the dungeons and bans them right on the spot. It's perhaps even less work than getting 10 reports on the same bot.

I want to see actions right now, not fancy videos about craglorn.
  • Morfion
    Morfion
    I want that "Bot Hunter" achievement. that is the best idea I have heard.

I totally agree! And make it so rewarding that it counts. And give everybody one instant spell to freeze those bots when they appear? :smile:

• tdgeddesub17_ESO
    They announced bosses are going on a loot timer after tomorrow's patch
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should note that I never said remove loot from all mobs, just the boss that continually respawns in the same spot and is easy for bots to farm. You can still run around killing stuff if thats your fancy, but my proposition is to make the boss not farmable.

And that's where I get my soul shards from.

Saves me money when I don't have to buy them.

I go through a lot of them recharging weapons and resurrecting dead folk in Cyrodiil.

Make me a bad healer in PvP when I can't resurrect folk, no way am I paying for shards.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an idea for bots. I say when a toon is determined to be a "bot" just make them open to being attacked by other players. The smack downs would be awesome. You could even give an Achievement for it, something like; "Bot Hunter".

As fun as that would be, it would probably be better to just ban them outright.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already had the first wave of bans.

This is the way of things. The developers block and ban, the botters find new ways around the new code. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Sadly no BUYERS were banned so RMT aren't going anywhere.

• jimdove
    jimdove
    ✭✭
    if they did put in the public dungeons as bot traps its a genius idea. just goto a boss spawnzone and u can ID the bots quite easily, usually a few ppl there as well trying to farm the boss/get the kill so hopefully they dont get nabbed too
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    Weird thing, though: I've seen them farming mobs that drop nothing. I mean, I'd shoot them, get kill credit, and get nothing dropped. So it's probably XP grinding.

It's probably been suggested already, but why not decreasing per-mob returns? At least for end-of-level bad guys?

First time you kill something, fine, get all the loot from it. Second time, too, maybe. But start reducing the rewards, both in terms of reward and XP, until after you've killed it ten times, you're getting nothing.

Then farming becomes useless. They're already storing whether you've completed a dungeon, so storing it as a counter instead of a flag won't add much space.
  • Jutt
    Jutt
    ✭✭✭
    Not ten kills, one. Problem solved. Make individual mobs drop more gear and soul gems. Bots that can start and complete a dungeon aren't going to happen. We get our gear for actually playing the game and bots no longer function.
    Edited by Jutt on April 15, 2014 12:28PM