The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[BUG] adding Strong (Purple) Glyph to Blue Armor - only 50% of value crafted? (Trait Stone too)

Inco
Inco
✭✭✭✭
Anyone else seen this?

I created a level 44 Blue gloves with "INFUSE" Trait for 14% Bonus of enchantment.
Created 1 Purple Strong Glyph +99 Max Health...

Applied to my blue gloves... got 45 max health added. That right? Seems very broken to me as I used the right potency runes for that range and everything.

Not even 50% of the 99 Max Health and NO additional for Infuse 14% trait buff.
  • garrodben_ESO
    My understanding is armor has "Large" and "Small" pieces. Large being chest and legs, Small being the rest.

Enchants give what they say to Large items, Small get a much smaller percentage. I do not know the exact percentage, but if it was 40% (40), than the 14% bonus would end up at 45.6 which is probably rounded down to the 45 you see.

• garrodben_ESO
    Actually, at least one site does confirm the % is 40% for "small" pieces. The 14% bonus is probably applying to the full 99 points (making it 112.86), then the drop to 40% for small results in 45.144, rounded down then to the 45 you see.
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would make sense. Thank you! I was beating my head on the table trying to figure out what the heck happened. If you find the LINK please post.

Going to BET that my Gloves count as a Small Piece. Guess I'll try it out on a Blue Chest piece next.

Anyone know if the COLOR/QUALITY matters on the gear? IE: Putting a Purple Glyph on a Blue Armor is a waste and you should use blue glyph to blue armor.

ZOS - any chance you can post these %% on the glpyhs so folks don't go all pitch fork, tar and feathers?
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    Helm, Chest, Legs are your large pieces and will get the most from enchants. the others are the smalls and as stated will get less.
  • enem
    enem
    is this true for jewelry glyphs? i'm assuming rings and amulets are all small but the full glyph bonus should apply right?
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    What if I told you, that in applying enchantment window you can put your mouse on item you want to enchant...
    ...and enchantment value will be in the tooltip?