Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What to do with my Attribute Points?

CryWolf
CryWolf
Hi guys,
I'm new in ESO and I'm creating a nightblade with dual daggers and bow. I'm now at level 10 and I have no idea where to spend my attribute points. I searched a lot for this information and I didn't find much. Most of what I found pointed to max health and use equips with magika and stamina or to do 2/1/2 (2 magika, 1 health, 2 stamina).

My nightblade will be focused on fast and high damage, using this build of skills: http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/eso-skill-calculator/nightblade/?asb=576

Another thing. More points in magika makes yours skills hit higher? More points in Stamina makes your attacks hit higher?

Does anyone can help me understand better what to do and the effects of each attribute?

Thanks you, and sorry for any english mistake. :smiley:
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever pool the ability uses determines what mods it. Since class skills all use magica, increasing magica increases them. Likewise for all weapons (save staves) when it comes to active abilities, they use stamina. Staff actives use magica. Left click attacks use stamina regardless of weapon type.

Health doesn't impact damage done at all, though I'm sure you know this already :P

Briefly looking at your build makes me thinks you want to focus mostly on magica as far as active ability damage goes (since most of them are such). If you end up doing a lot of left click attacks though, you might want to balance it more with stamina.
  • Hilandra
    Hilandra
    ✭✭
    Depends on your build pretty much, this game is so variable that you can build your character however you want it. I play with plenty of stamina required skills.. so I tend to prior my stamina.. while others who have a lot of class skills require plenty of magicka usage..

But all of this is mundane if you start gearing up properly with lots of + stamina or + magicka :)
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea that's a good point, later on with enchants (or earlier if you've the time/resources) you can enhance whatever you don't pick just fine.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a huge deal. I like this video because it shows to the two sides of very different but similar coins...

At 50 seconds in, it shows the difference between a low level sorcerer and a high level nightblade with two very different stat distrubutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOdWMYVQIVo

• CryWolf
    CryWolf
    Thank you all for the replies. It all helped me a lot.
    Hawke, the video is awsome! Thank you :)

So I decided that I'm going to do 1 magica, 2 health and 1 stamina and have some gear with magica and stamina a little health.

Thank you all again! :smiley:
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    No problem. I didn't make the video :smile: But glad it showed a comparison for ya.