Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

one handed weapon attack speed

disiplinmana
how fast are one handed weapons compared to 2 handed weapons like %10 %20? if its much faster it would benefit my character but if its not that fast than 2h would be the choice for me for aoe damage
  • disiplinmana
    bump
  • disiplinmana
    bump
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if there's a hard number available yet, but from my eyeball-estimate, it looks like you attack close to 50% faster with dual wield (spam-clicking) as you do with a two-hander. But one-handed can also be combined with shields.

Ultimately, if you want more AoE abilities, then you want to use a two-handed weapon. Dual-wield is for quick, nasty damage that is mainly single target. One-hand and shield is for damage mitigation and general tanking.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought dual wield had the better AE options with Whirlwind. I know 2h has the splash damage passive but isn't that only like 25%?
  • Shazarak
    Shazarak
    I don't know if 1H is faster than 2H... I think it should but I have no proof of it.

You should consider also that 2Wield are 2 weapon and you have many advantages in having 2 weapons (being them 2 wield or 1H+Shield):
    1) You can enchant both of them (let's say ATK SPEED?)
    2) You can reach 2/3 of bonus sets!

Auto attack of 2H is slower than 2Wield or at least it seems to me :)
    I choose 2Wield because of the 2 point listed above
  • disiplinmana
    what about daggers are they faster than swords?
    Edited by disiplinmana on April 15, 2014 3:58PM
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

No, all weapons in the same class are identical damage/speed. The only differences are the additional effects you might get through passives.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think so, but certain passive abilities give using daggers increased crit
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • disiplinmana
    thanks for answer