Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Screw Zenimax

SenselessChip
SenselessChip
✭✭
I can't get a refund or trade my account even though the game is broken. I have wasted £56.
Edited by SenselessChip on April 14, 2014 6:42PM
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    So you have been unable to play since day 1 and thats why your trying to sell your account, or have you been able to play and this is a recent issue?

Btw I have no interest in buying your account as I am happy with the one I have...but since you say you cant get a refund where others have been able to curious as to why they refuse your request?
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are not allowed to resell accounts as if you already redeemed the code is too late.

But you can Still get a refund who told you otherwise? Any retailer who told ya that is lieing.
    Edited by Daverios on April 14, 2014 6:16PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh-so-many things wrong with this.

You cannot gift or trade accounts. Ever. Take your refund if that's allowed, but you can't give the account to someone else.

And take your e-mail address down. You're begging for phishing/spam.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 14, 2014 6:18PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh. You do realize that everyone who's on this forum has already bought the game? You're not gonna get much joy here, I'm afraid.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • SenselessChip
    SenselessChip
    ✭✭
    Well I have been told that I can't have a refund by the retailer Green Man Gaming. Also there is a way of giving someone your account. I changed all the details of the account, all I need to do is give someone the current email and password and they can change the details as they pleased. I know it's crazy but I need the money and I am not being given a refund.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I have been told that I can't have a refund by the retailer Green Man Gaming. Also there is a way of giving someone your account. I changed all the details of the account, all I need to do is give someone the current email and password and they can change the details as they pleased. I know it's crazy but I need the money and I am not being given a refund.

I'm sorry if I was confusing before, so let me try again.

You are not allowed to gift, trade, sell or in any way transfer ownership of your account.

This isn't a question of capability; it's about legality.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont see why publisher can refund but retailer cannot.

Guess it does speak to buying things on discount. Often even in basic retail sale stuff cannot be refunded only exchange. Perhaps that is thier reasoning and if so I must admit its a good one.

Edited by Daverios on April 14, 2014 6:38PM
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    That´s why as a european you must not buy at US shops!
    Different countries have different laws...
    Edited by Hodorius on April 14, 2014 6:39PM
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just for future reference, posting an account for sale using the games official forums is probably not the best place to start.

I think most people use ebay for that.

Although every MMO I have played (and I assume ESO too) states in the terms of use you agreed to that you cannot gift/trade/sell, as noted above.

This forum is getting way too entertaining.
  • SenselessChip
    SenselessChip
    ✭✭
    I think the new title is now sufficient...
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How quickly this gets locked will be a great gauge of how often ZOS checks this sub-forum.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    it's not zenimax is fault. Its YOUR Fault. Your problems are on your end and not theres. Also I've flagged the post and told them them why I did.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding as well -- account selling is a ban-able offence. Sorry about your bad luck, May be as a test, have tried to play at a friend's house / work (off hours). All one need to do to see if the OP can log in using that a different account. One does not have to bring his / her computer to do so as long as the other computer has ESO installed on it. If it is OP's ISP, call them up and work their tech team to see why it is not allow from that ISP.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

Closing this thread.

As stated in our Community Code of Conduct, we do not allow discussion of selling/trading/buying ESO accounts, as this is a violation of our Terms of Services.

Here is a quote:
    ZeniMax does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in a Service or a Game(s).

Accordingly, you may not sell, and you may not assist others in selling, Service(s), in-Game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Services. Evidence of any attempt to redeem Downloadable Content for a purported exchange, sale, gift or trade in the “real world” will result in the immediate suspension or termination of Your Account.
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on April 14, 2014 7:05PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.