Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2H passive - Arcane

jmido8
jmido8
✭✭✭
I have a question, what exactly does the 2h passive Arcane Fighter effect? Is it enchantment effects or what?

Will it effect Burning light passive that templars have, "while using aedric spear ability, 25% chance to apply 167 magic damage on hit".
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems there are a lot of people wondering exactly how arcane works and no one willing to test it. There are no answers on the internet. I have looked.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Dagoratho
    Dagoratho
    Same question, can someone explain the 2h weapon passive skill "Arcane Fighter" ?. but with actual numbers and not just a "i think upgrades elemental enchantments", no no... good tests !, because i have NO idea of how that works.
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    The way I understand it, and I could be completely wrong, is that it increases the chance of applying the appropriate status effect from a weapon enchant. I think the combat system does two rolls when you attack with your weapon; one that dictates the chance of applying the damage effect of the enchant, and a second one that dictates whether that damage effect also applies the status effect.

So let's say you have a fire enchant on your sword that does 30 fire damage. When the enchant procs, it applies the 30 fire damage and then has a chance to apply the additional burned status effect for an additional fire DoT.

If that's the case, then Arcane Fighter would increase the chance of applying the additional effect by 50/100%. Pairing that with Infused or Powered trait on the weapon could boost your DPS nicely.

That's what would make sense to me anyway, I have two points in it on my DPS setup, but I haven't done any specific testing to verify if that's correct or not.

It would be nice to hear something from the dev staff that confirms/denies my theory.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are the only 'status effects' from fire/frost/shock damage? That is the main thing I'm wondering about Arcane Fighter .... if you basically have to only have fire/frost/shock enchants on your weapons for it to do anything.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Dagoratho
    Dagoratho
    Bump.... please someone CLARIFY this weird ability
  • steinernein
    steinernein
    ✭✭
    Only weapon enchant price that are elemental. This is huge for DPs. Go to tamriel foundry for the source. Basically you ought to stack this with cool down reduction trait. 200% DPs increase with light attacks.