Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Light armour for sorcerer

ShaunW50
ShaunW50
So I'm level 37 now and I was wondering. The light armour skill line increases your magicka when you wear light armour, but is it worth it. If I wear heavy armour will I notice a difference in my magicka by a huge amount?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can wear both, you don't have to wear ALL light armor. You can do 5 light and 2 heavy to get more defense without sacrificing all the light passives.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did some tests (@lvl 20 ish). The damage mitigation of armour of any kind is pitiful. I measured around 10-16% for a mix of types.
    Heavy armour has stats. only twice that of cloth so you are looking at a few percent damage reduction. Maybe 10% at best - probably nearer 5%. And it's only physical.
    Sorcerer has a 'magic' armour available that's actually far superior (lightning form) and with enough magicka can be kept up permanently.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im told that sorcerer has a soft cap that happens sooner than say a dragonknight. I havent gotten a confirmation but if thats true then you cant be a heavy armor sorcerer and gain the same protection as other classes. This is definately confirmed by level.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Teroh
    Teroh
    ✭✭✭
    Im told that sorcerer has a soft cap that happens sooner than say a dragonknight. I havent gotten a confirmation but if thats true then you cant be a heavy armor sorcerer and gain the same protection as other classes. This is definately confirmed by level.

Source because pretty sure thats a lie.

The Fallen Legion is Recruiting, Help us Retake Cryodiil! Message me for more information.