Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will they put a barber shop in game?

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
I want to change my character a little.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so, and I want more elfish haircuts :-)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They talk about bank space and weapon repair etc being an effective gold sink. This would make a pretty good one too.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to change my first character - since there was a zoom bug at launch for first characters her face didn't turn out in a good way. That change should be free.
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Once they figure out how much real money to charge for it I am sure it will be added to the cash shop.
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid they will make an appearance change option put in the store :(. I guess I could hope they have an in-game option but I have had too much experience with the greediness of MMOs these days.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Mie87 wrote: »
    I hope so, and I want more elfish haircuts :-)
    How elfish of you.

• liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    After the first few months of patches, updates, and content additions.

Stylist options tend to appear once the population has settled out, and people get into a stable routine.

Unless the game just maintains millions of subs... then we will probably see it a year from now. Feeding the beast takes priority over making it look pretty.
    Edited by liquid_wolf on April 14, 2014 2:49PM
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    I want to change my character a little.

Well I would hope it will be after they stabilize the game then worry about adding stuff.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!!!
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is coming just no idea how or when. They have said it's part of their plans.
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    This stuff was in a Q&A somewhere, and will make it into the game in time.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Elvent wrote: »
    I'm afraid they will make an appearance change option put in the store :(. I guess I could hope they have an in-game option but I have had too much experience with the greediness of MMOs these days.

I am sure that you and everyone else has experienced with F2P MMOs but thankfully this is P2P so it will more than likely appear in-game, with an attached goldsink lol. Everyone seems to be under the impression that their 'store' is gonna be a cash shop, it's not in-game and it only holds the upgrade from standard to imperial and I hope it stays that way. Would love a place to tweak my Templars moustache of course but until they release an official statement, one way or the other, regarding a face changer I will just assume it is on their list of things to add some day.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »
    I am sure that you and everyone else has experienced with F2P MMOs but thankfully this is P2P so it will more than likely appear in-game, with an attached goldsink lol.

While this is possible I wouldn't say it's more than likely at all. If they follow what a lot of their competitors in the MMO scene do (yes, even the subscriber ones) they'll charge real money for it as a 'premium'. At least if they do a full character recustomization. If it literally is just a barber shop for changing hairstyles, I could see that being in game gold (but that isn't really what people are looking for).
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »
    but until they release an official statement, one way or the other, regarding a face changer I will just assume it is on their list of things to add some day.

"Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia's Styling Salon open for business.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

Im a high elf male so you know my hair is just FABULOUS! But I could use a change up.
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

Anything, it can work like the dye station.
  • Jay_Gally
    Jay_Gally
    ✭✭
    It'd be great if they put in some new haircuts, facial hair, body modification options, etc... Just minor things like that in a patch would be appreciated
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They talk about bank space and weapon repair etc being an effective gold sink. This would make a pretty good one too.

would it really be too hard to code a loop to place a character back into the customization menus?

There's not only real money to be made here (I'd pay), but also a community that's been asking for this for years.

Would it be completely game breaking to want to re-class a character as well? I'm pretty dedicated to a single faction (RP reasons), but would a faction switch be acceptable for a character?
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭

would it really be too hard to code a loop to place a character back into the customization menus?

There's not only real money to be made here (I'd pay), but also a community that's been asking for this for years.

Would it be completely game breaking to want to re-class a character as well? I'm pretty dedicated to a single faction (RP reasons), but would a faction switch be acceptable for a character?

Yeah, I would like the mid game character customization to be like skyrims "~showracemenu"

ZOS could simply give us the choice put us back into the character creator mid game so we can tune up features.