Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Altmer vs Bosmer for Siphon Nightblade?

Stormvessel
Stormvessel
✭✭✭
Which would do better for a Siphon Nightblade, Altmer or Bosmer? I am currently building a Bosmer Nightblade who will specialize in Siphoning, but I am starting to think that maybe an Altmer with the Mage Guild spells and extra magicka would make an extremely powerful siphoner. Perhaps I should reroll - I am only level 10 so far. Would either one make a huge difference?

Maybe I should reroll.
Edited by Stormvessel on April 14, 2014 11:48AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the skills in detail you'll see that the benefits racial and armour ones give aren't really 'deal breaking' except for one or two cases where the bonuses get up to 10%.

Given both elf variants bring something to the Nightblade table then really I think it's 50-50, whichever one you don't choose their skill can often be made up for by food, enchants, etc.

For myself I don't see race choice is a big deal in ESO, like any other game really, except for min/maxers and I'm sure Zenimax didn't design it to be straight-jacketed by such ideas.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 14, 2014 11:55AM
  • Stormvessel
    Stormvessel
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Kerin. It's mainly when I joined the Mages Guild and saw the spells I could have access to. I am thinking if I had an Altmer with the extra magicka, I could be really powerful with siphoning abilities that grant extra damage by a percentage. Some of those mages spells are pretty powerful. The extra magicka combined with the siphoning and spamming spells would make for an awesome nightblade. But then I think I will stick with a bosmer...or not. I am really tempted to reroll here.
    Edited by Stormvessel on April 14, 2014 12:00PM