Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Aspect Ratio Problem.

itsXthomasTAG
Due to this not being the greatest pc i use the 1360x768 resolution so i can keep the graphics set to medium/high. However i keep having one problem with this and that is the aspect ratio, it's registering as 16:10 when it should be registering as 16:9 which in turn keeps stretching the game out and making it look like complete crap. After going through all of the settings i'm disappointed to see that there isn't an option to change the ratio, especially since any other game i've played gives me the option to choose. I'd like to know if there is any other way i can change this?
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know if any of this will help you but on my ‘settings’ drop down I have two listed for your screen size one at 1360*768 and a second at 1366*768 so are you sure your using the correct setting for your screen size?

My laptop for instance uses the 1366@768 for 16:9 screen size.

If not then have you tried ‘forcing’ the correct size by editing the file UserSettings.txt and setting the default;

SET FullscreenHeight "0"
    SET FullscreenWidth "0"

to your actual screen size or you could adjust the settings to get a better ratio, note the settings are upside down with Height before Width (don’t ask).

You can find this file in your ‘My Documents’ folder under ‘\Elder Scrolls Online\<liveeu or livena>\UserSettings.txt
  • itsXthomasTAG
    1360x768 is a 16:9 resolution but what ended up causing the problem was that i have the desktop set to 1440x900 (native) which happens to be 16:10 and ESO kept reverting back to that instead of what i had set it to in-game. I could set it, exit the menu, open the menu again and it'd be back to 1440x900. I had to lower the desktops resolution in order to get it to work.