Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

should your first hearthing home be free

archer0069
I think or teleporting to hand in a quest should be a little more useable maybe on a timer (like all other games are) and then start costing money
  • grim567
    grim567
    ✭✭
    What the are you talking about?????? :\
    Edited by grim567 on April 15, 2014 4:45PM
    What is this nerf you speak of?
  • pokebreaker
    pokebreaker
    ✭✭✭
    My response is directed toward your subject title, rather than your body text (because I have no clue what you are trying to say).

I have yet to pay for a wayshrine travel. I actually REALLY like the current way of travel. I still haven't found a reason to buy a mount yet.

There are a few tricks you might not know when it comes to quick traveling (for free).

1. Travel from one wayshrine to another, is always free. Plus, as long as it's within the same zone, the loading screen is significantly shorter.

2. You can always teleport (for free) to another player that is either within your group, on your friend list, or in one of your five guilds, regardless of whether or not you have initially discovered the area they are in. This method will place you at the nearest Wayshrine to the player you a travelling to, regardless of the level of the area. This is how so many low level players get to the high level zones early. If you aren't familiar with this method, you just open your group,contacts, or guild, and find a player that is in the zone you want to go to, then right-click their name, and choose Travel to Player. There will be a short animation, then you will go to the zone loading screen. With the large 500 member trade guilds, there is bound to be someone in the zone you want to go to.

3. The last method is just a combination of methods 1 and 2. This is useful for when you are far from a wayshrine, and you just want to quickly hop. So you travel to another player in the area you want to be in, then once you appear at the wayshrine, USE it to free travel to a previously discovered wayshrine in the same, or another zone.

4. You can directly travel from a wayshrine in one zone, to discovered wayshrines in other zones. When you are standing at a wayshrine, and looking at the zone selection screen, you can click the other zone names on the right of the map. Doing so will give you the same overheard view of that area, but it will also allow you to click on wayshrines in that area, to teleport to. For instance, if I am at a wayshrine in Auridon, I can click the name for Grahtwood, and since I have them all discovered, I can click any wayshrine in that zone that I want to be travel to, and it will teleport me there for free.

So, in my opinion, there are PLENTY of methods for quick and free travel. However, I'm also not against being able to teleport to a wayshrine of my choice for free. Although once it starts to cost me money, I would just revert to my aforementioned methods to travel for free (unless Devs were to change that).
  • Morvoldo
    Morvoldo
    ✭✭
    AS pokebreaker stated(very well done by the way thank you) you dont need to "Hearth" "wow term not ESO :)" but works the same, as wayshrines are never that far away from where ever you are anyways and if your in a dungeon just do what pokebreaker said and fast-travel to a friend/guildy.
    so you never have to spend any gold on travel other than buying a Horse which are expensive enough lol, but i run everywhere anyways atm as not got enough gold for one plus it kinda feels like as i'm EP like playing Morrowind again (never had mounts in that just big Flea looking buses)