Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

stamina + light and heavy attacks

fiftypercentgrey
fiftypercentgrey
✭✭✭
For light and heavy attacks (with any weapon): more stamina = more damage on those?
I realize that the tooltip on stamina says: "determines weapon damage and weapon ability damage" which would mean that stamina improves my normal attacks (= left mouse button-attacks)?

I am kinda confused about this, because when I get more points in stamina the "weapon damage" in the character screen stays the same (at what my current weapon says for its base damage).
ἀπόκρυφος
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    41 views and no comment. ouch! :dizzy_face:

anyone here who would want to do some testing (EU servers)? I pumped up my stamina and it feels like my weapon swings got morE POWER.. but that could be wishful thinking and my general enthusiasm when hitting things.
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • Raice
    Raice
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina only affects your Weapon Abilities, and other such Abilities that draw from Stamina. It does not affect your normal Light/Heavy attacks. Those run purely off of Weapon Damage.
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    ok, thanks for that answer :-)
    What does that "determines weapon damage" in the stamina-tooltip mean, then?
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    ok, thanks for that answer :-)
    What does that "determines weapon damage" in the stamina-tooltip mean, then?

Weapon damage abilities
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    The tooltip says "determines weapon damage and weapon ability damage" so I would think those are two different things: "weapon damage" and "weapon ability damage".
    Sorry, I didnt repeat the whole quote again.

That is why I am so confused about this
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't stamina increase weapon damage? That's what I heard anyways
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't noticed stamina increase weapon damage or magica increase spell damage. I believe it only works for the abilities, not the stats on your char sheet.
  • ManiacMcLaughton
    I will personally test this out for us! I will take all my gear and enchant with stamina, eat some stamina food, and see what my damage is, then take it all off and see if it changes (same weapon)...

That should give us some definitive answers anyway
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    The tooltip says "determines weapon damage and weapon ability damage" so I would think those are two different things: "weapon damage" and "weapon ability damage".
    Sorry, I didnt repeat the whole quote again.

That is why I am so confused about this
    Oh right I cant remember the last time I looked at the tooltip, I suppose it could be adding a percentage based on the points in it? maybe its just not noticeable until higher levels, I have noticed that if you just look at weapon damage as the number that it shows on your character sheet it does not take into account the stats and buffs from actives or passives regardless of it being from your stamina or a skill, so it could just be bugged.

And I couldnt be positive that it does make a difference since I know as I level up and get better gear I expect to do more damage and am already so only yogurt may know...use the schwartz....
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Dimachaerus
    I think it does affect the dmg, not by much though.

I'm VR2, I have a VR1 bow with 102 damage and 34 shock damage

a light attack that does not crit hits for 137, not counting the shock dmg obviously, and this is with 24 points in stamina.

As it is right now magicka ability builds are better tbh, but I love the playstyle of 2h / bow setup.
    Edited by Dimachaerus on April 15, 2014 2:32PM