Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

DC: Alik'r Desert main plot

Rashka42
Rashka42
Soul Shriven
Got an issue with the main plot in Alik'r desert. After the quest "The Impervious Vault" the king sends me to the Ash'abah, so i may ask for their help. I was already one of them because i did that quest line during exploring. When i arrived there and asked for their help they agreed and that was it. No followup quest. I finished all quests under the "Alik'r desert" tab, so i have to clue what to do next.

Any hints or is the quest line bugged for me?
Edited by Rashka42 on April 13, 2014 6:12PM
  • Rashka42
    Rashka42
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like the problem is that i did some of the quest hubs while exploring, before the main plot quest chain sent me there. Basically i did quests in the middle of the chain and broke it.

My assumption is, when the main plot reaches a quest i already finished it is not pointing me to the next spot. However, the step afterwards is unlocked.

Since not all markers on my map turned white i rechecked those areas and was able to find a missing piece of the chain. Luckily i grouped up with another person on the same step, and when i didn't get a followup quest he lead me to the next giver.

• Adhal
    Adhal
    ✭✭✭
    There is a giant omb in the center of the map, you do some quests there. Not sure of the name since I'm at work ATM. Its just north of the oasis with the quest giver that tells the story of a snake eating itself.

If you have done that that there is a town in the south section should continue the quest there. From there its up at the port north east-ish, then another tomb area south east-ish. Then yet another tomb area on the far east. Sorry I can't remember the names. Was about a week ago I did them.
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Thats a HUGE bug imho and it has nothing to do with steps already completed.
    After impervious vault it did not sent me to tuwhaccas throne and throne keeper farvad, He didnt even spawn at first for me or I missed him. After that I got the same problem with the next follow up quest.
    Now I need to find a questgiver in the most *** zone Zenimax ever created.
    I just want to get over with pve .
  • Leto1
    Leto1
    Soul Shriven
    Bump! Did anyone find a fix for this. Im having the same issue
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if you do the Vault before going to the Ash'abah they don't give you another quest. They simply say something about possible problems at the burial grounds and that you should help the Ash'abah there. I discovered the Thronekeeper while exploring for the nearby mine but he never gave guidance to the next burial location. I wandered to them all by myself. I suspect this was intentional.
    Edited by Woolenthreads on May 28, 2014 10:33AM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this can often happen when you don't pay attention to the quest dialogue.

The main mission thread does a good job of directing you around the maps on the whole. They'll almost always tell you where to go next, it's just that sometimes they don't give you an actual mission and/or marker on your map so you can blindly go there.

It can get a little tricky if you're doing things out of order, but just pay attention and you'll never really get lost.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    where can I find the person in the quest the scholar of Bergama her name is zohreh or something
  • VespidOlive
    VespidOlive
    Soul Shriven
    Why don't we try to make a list on where to do to follow the main quest for the Alik'r Desert? That might make things easier and maybe a bit of a guide.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we try to make a list on where to do to follow the main quest for the Alik'r Desert? That might make things easier and maybe a bit of a guide.
    >> UESP: Alik'r Desert. Main quests are the ones under "Daggerfall Covenant Story". Each quest page tells you which location Objective it is part of.
    Edited by Enodoc on November 17, 2014 10:37AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Nattzz
    Nattzz
    Sorry I'm bringing this back up again but this has just happened to me and I don't know what to do. I became ashabah before doing the vault and I'm completely lost and I'm wandering around not knowing where to go. Can someone help, please?
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    They state at the end of the Quest to become Ash'abah that they are too weak to give aid but that they have someone watching Tu'whacca's Throne who may need help. There are no specific quest markers for the Ash'abah, you are supposed to wander around giving aid where needed :).
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The story chain order for Alik'r Desert is:
    Sentinel -> Morwha's Bounty -> Tu'whacca's Throne -> Bergama -> Tava's Blessing -> HoonDing's Watch -> Satakalaam -> Motalion Necropolis.
    The link I posted before in November lists the storyline quests.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    >> UESP: Alik'r Desert. Main quests are the ones under "Daggerfall Covenant Story". Each quest page tells you which location Objective it is part of.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Montanarancher
    Montanarancher
    Soul Shriven
    Here is what I found worked.

Go to the Morwah's bounty Wayshrine in the south eastern part of Alik'r Desert.

You will find Talia at-Marimah near the wayshrine that offers a quest " Morwah's Curse"

Do that quest and then you are offered another quest "the initiation"

Do that quest and you will get the Tu'whacca's Throne quest line again.
  • GenericBox
    GenericBox
    Soul Shriven
    I'm about to rage quit.

Just came back after 3 years (left shortly after firstrlaunch, played all beta) -- and had already finished some quests in Alik'r. I completely forgot about the main quest line mechanic and went out into the map.

But now I've discovered every "place" (so says achievement) and delved every dungeon, I have 0 quests left but Sentinel / Tu'Wacca and Motalian Necro are all incomplete.

I've done like 4 freaking laps of the entire map, not one quest in sight.

So incredibly frustrated right now.

A/ Fix this bug... B/ What the hell do I do???
  • GenericBox
    GenericBox
    Soul Shriven
    Okay there was another thread with the same issue, but this one is first on Google, so if you have the same problem this fixed the issue for me too:
    Ok The Fix for this was to go back and Talk to the prince.

The GM told me to "return to Sentinel and visit a small cave just north of the city, but south of Wayfarer's Wharf. I am hoping that you will find one Prince Azah who you may have rescued in the past. This should lead you through the appropriate quests that will finish the zone"

seems that Although I had done all the quest up to The Impervious Vault . The game reset and I ended up having to redo them all.
  • Locriana
    Locriana
    ✭✭✭
    GenericBox wrote: »
    Okay there was another thread with the same issue, but this one is first on Google, so if you have the same problem this fixed the issue for me too:
    Ok The Fix for this was to go back and Talk to the prince.

The GM told me to "return to Sentinel and visit a small cave just north of the city, but south of Wayfarer's Wharf. I am hoping that you will find one Prince Azah who you may have rescued in the past. This should lead you through the appropriate quests that will finish the zone"

seems that Although I had done all the quest up to The Impervious Vault . The game reset and I ended up having to redo them all.

Still trying to complete this, having the same problem in April 2018. I became Ash'hba before working through the main quest, still have zombies all over the docks area. I'm assuming the trap door that leads down to a cave that opens out on the docks area is what is meant here. Because the empty cage is there. No Prince. I did rescue him during the Sentinel quest. Can't find Throne Keeper Farvad anywhere. The areas completed on my map (turned white) are:
    Sentinel - you uncovered the withered hands plot in sentinel.
    Morwha's bounty - you joined the Ash'abah
    Tu"whacca's throne - you defeated Uwafa and recovered one of the ansei wards
    Bergama - you've restored order 9n Bergama
    Leki's blade - you've defeated the old master and freed Leki's blade
    Hoondings Watch - you've survived the trials at Hoondings watch
    Kosanset - yo8ve brought peace to Kozanset and its harpy neighbors
    Motalion necropolis - You've stopped Shirii and reclaimed the Ansei wards.
    Tava's Blessing -you've defeated the withered hand at Tava's blessing

What shows black icons (as unfinished) is
    Sentinel Docks
    Satakalaam - defeat Satakalam's invaders

I hesitate to do Satakalam because I don't want to preclude further possibilities of finishing this quest line?
    And as for Sentinel Docks, it doesn't even say anything about it, no quest giver there or any divits or any way to do anything but kill zombies.

As you may note because I bothered to write all this down, I'm invested in the Alikir story line and would really like to finish it. Unsettling when my Redguard lives in Dentinel and can't even settle the zombie problem for his neighbors....

Please, if anyone can help with this, please say. Obviously nothing in this thread has helped.

Thanks

Edited by Locriana on April 30, 2018 1:03AM
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    @Locriana
    You've completed Tava's Blessing, so the next questgiver is Shiri, who should be near the Prince and Talia, just to the south of Tava's Blessing. She will send you to a priestess and from there you will find the thronekeeper. (He's very near her.)
    Sentilel will turn white when you complete the quest line - you complete it there.
    Hope this helps.
    Edited by Sekero on April 30, 2018 12:06PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Locriana If you've completed Motalion Necropolis, you've already completed the storyline in the Alik'r. (Reclaiming the Ansei Wards from Shiri and restoring them in the Vault is the end of the storyline.) To fill in the blank at Sentinel Docks, you need to go right to the end of the pier, here. You're looking for Captain Albert Marck.

Satakalaam's quest giver I think is right by the wayshrine and hard to miss.
    Edited by Enodoc on April 30, 2018 4:35PM
  • Locriana
    Locriana
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Locriana If you've completed Motalion Necropolis, you've already completed the storyline in the Alik'r. (Reclaiming the Ansei Wards from Shiri and restoring them in the Vault is the end of the storyline.) To fill in the blank at Sentinel Docks, you need to go right to the end of the pier, here. You're looking for Captain Albert Marck.

Satakalaam's quest giver I think is right by the wayshrine and hard to miss.

@Enodoc THANK YOU! I'd been looking for this guy all over Tamriel...found him at the inn at Daggerfall or Wayrest or somewhere.... Had to ride all the way out to the end of the dock to see Merck's divot show up....must've never done that or else he got tired of drinking in Wayrest...lol...

Thanks again, the pic you showed was very helpful.