Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Max Level Horse?

Rage_Frost
Rage_Frost
✭✭✭
Cant find an answer to this anywhere You get a horse it has a LVL of 1
You can feed your horse once every 20 hours. it goes up a LVL when you feed your horse.

So My question and the kicker here is what is the max Level a horse can be.
Cause :) Evil lol all horses are not the same if you look.
The 17k horse is lvl 1 with some basic Stats.
The 47k Has much more stats but is lvl 1
one has speed at 25%
Another has Stamina at a higher level
and then the all around one has 15% speed 10 Stamina and 10 Inv Space.
Again all these horses are Level 1...

So I have two horses one I been leveling for Speed lvl 15 now.
One Horse I Level for Inv space.

So My question is.... Is There a Max Level. Or is their a Max Speed Or Inv Level.
I can see A LOT of upset folks when they all find out that the horse they have can only be a max level of say 50 and didn't know that come down the road in 50 or so days... From release.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very good question. I would like to know as well.
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! It is I have searched all over for a answer myself.
    And since the game came with no basic manual for digital Imp orders that I can find to give simple answer's to these kinds of things or a tool tip on when you feed your horse. We are all left in the Dark Void.
    Edited by Rage_Frost on April 13, 2014 5:23AM
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    It works like this. You can only feed your horse 49 times. It will be a level 50 when you cant feed it any longer.

Example. Say you pick the horse that has 25% extra speed. You can feed it every day to get 1% more speed. At level 50 you have a 75% speed increase. Or say you take that same horse and only feed it 40 times for speed and the remanding ten levels you feed it for storages. That horse in the end fully leveled will have the following stats. Speed 65% increase/inventory space 10/stamina 0

Also keep in mind this. You have two horses. One has an increase for bag space, lets just say 20 extra spots, this is the horse you are currently using. The other horse you have stabled has has no extra bag space. You go to the stable to get that horse out to ride instead of your extra bag space horse but your inventory is full. You must free up 20 spots in your inventory before itll let you switch. However many spots that horse is increasing your bag basically.

Hope this helps. I know this from PTS so they may have changed that but I dont think so.
    Edited by METALPUNKS on April 13, 2014 5:53AM
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    @METALPUNKS Have you leveled a horse to level 50?
    Cause I was using the level 50 out of the air guess. For all I know it could be level 60, 100 or 150?
    I don't really go from PTS cause at that time Guild's also had 1000 bank slots back then also.
    So its a toss up I am looking for a solid answer for the live Ver. of this game.

But thanks for taking the time to respond.
    I am sure that 80% of the people have no clue what we are even talking about or about the horse levels to start off with but once that magic cap is hit. These forums will become a fire storm of horses for the horses and about the horses lol...
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Ya max level for horse is 50. Thats 100%.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I've read that the horse max lvl is 50; is the 42k horse lvl 1 or lvl 10?

Using @metalpunks post as reference, the limits could be 75% speed, 60 stamina and 60 capacity. But only a 42k horse can max one of those.

Another option is the limits are 65%, 50 stamina and 50 capacity; a 42k horse comes with +10 base points in one of the three lines, so it can max one stat plus +10 points in other line.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rage_Frost wrote: »
    @METALPUNKS Have you leveled a horse to level 50?
    Cause I was using the level 50 out of the air guess. For all I know it could be level 60, 100 or 150?
    I don't really go from PTS cause at that time Guild's also had 1000 bank slots back then also.
    So its a toss up I am looking for a solid answer for the live Ver. of this game.

But thanks for taking the time to respond.
    I am sure that 80% of the people have no clue what we are even talking about or about the horse levels to start off with but once that magic cap is hit. These forums will become a fire storm of horses for the horses and about the horses lol...
    PTS was continuous. We also experienced the change to 500 slots on the guild bank. If you won't trust info from the PTS, then it will be early May before that's confirmed for Live.

Edited by driosketch on April 13, 2014 6:56AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Laerian wrote: »
    Yes I've read that the horse max lvl is 50; is the 42k horse lvl 1 or lvl 10?

Using @metalpunks post as reference, the limits could be 75% speed, 60 stamina and 60 capacity. But only a 42k horse can max one of those.

Another option is the limits are 65%, 50 stamina and 50 capacity; a 42k horse comes with +10 base points in one of the three lines, so it can max one stat plus +10 points in other line.

The 42k horse is also level one, which basically means it gets +10 to one of the stats, that the common horse will never have.

Horses do max at level 50, it hasn't been changed. Of course we only know this from the pts, as that was the only server that lasted 50+ days and gave enough time to feed the horses. If that has been changed, it would have been in patch notes somewhere, and it hasn't been.
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In other words; both the imperial and palomino horses you spend extra cash on will never be able to get as good as the other horses in the game? I know it is not a huge difference between them, but still feels wrong.

Also now starting to wonder why I even bother to upgrade those two horses instead of waiting to get the cash for those other horses...
    Edited by fyendiarb16_ESO on April 13, 2014 4:34PM