Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Having a difficult time deciding on a weapon

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I play a nightblade, currently level 14. When I first made the character, and up until level 10 or 11, I was using 2handers, which I love aesthetically - but I was having some issues with groups of enemies and the slower attacks that accompany big weapons.

I decided to try out dual wield, and I'm loving that now too - not so much appearance wise but it seems to put out better damage and handle groups more easily (which is odd considering the splash damage 2handers are supposed to have). Dual wield also ends up being more resource intensive to craft weapons, and I always need two instead of just a single weapon, so upgrades might take longer to acquire.

I like the concept of 1h/shield as well, but the damage seems lacking and before the bash/charge abilities the shield abilities seem fairly boring to me.

Can anyone help me out with some opinions or pointers on the different melee weapon setups?

Other stuff to note:
-I wear all medium armor
-I'm a khajiit
-I use all 3 trees for the nightblade, mostly focusing on the execute / teleport strike in assassination, veiled strike in shadow, and the health drain / siphoning strikes in siphoning.
-I'm focusing mostly on solo/small group pve for now, but my main focus later on will be pvp (I've gone into cyrodiil a few times and decided that bow will most likely be my secondary weapon due to the necessity of ranged attacks in keep warfare).
-I dont particularly like focusing on or using stealth, I'm going for more of a duelist / agile warrior setup with my character. Mostly took veiled strike in the shadow tree for the armor reduction.
-So far my stat point balance is 4/4/4, evenly spread. Not sure if I'll keep it that way or focus more on magicka or stamina, but right now it seems best to be able to draw from both resource pools for damage.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank