The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Problems with NPCs/mobs 'phasing'

Laurelinde
Hi all,

I am currently having some issues with the 'phasing' system used in ESO. Specifically, I am having a lot of mobs and NPCs fading in and out of view as I move around in Bal Foyen. For some of them, they seem to dissolve as I move towards them (eg to attack a netch), and for others, I can see them and their nameplates from a distance, but when I move close enough to interact, they disappear, only to reappear again when I am out of range.

The particular problem this is causing me is relating to M'aiq the Liar. I have found him in Bal Foyen several times in the beta and about 3 times so far in live, but on my newest character he fades out whenever I can get close enough to speak to him, preventing me from progressing the achievement. I tried to raise a support ticket but was just given a standard answer about how M'aiq may or may not travel around zones and it's a hunt to find him, ignoring the fact that I have found him, I just can't physically interact with him. I am wondering if the problem is that I waited to speak to him until I had finished all the quests in Bal Foyen.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, were you able to resolve it? It has continued over several days, and I waited around for about an hour last night without any success.
Bright-Marsh-Iris / Ebonheart Pact EU
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been wondering something very similar. When I found him in Bal Foyen I had previously gone past the place at least a dozen times and never seen him there. I had to walk right to the edge (essentially standing next to him) before he even appeared. Other players had helped me out:)

Yesterday I was fishing in Eastmarch and out of nowhere, there was M'aiq! So I chatted with him. I have been to the same area many times day/night and have never seen him there again...
    Options