Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Venom Arrow vs Poison Injection

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Venom Arrow supposedly interrupts skill use and stuns but I hear it doesn't work right. Poison Injection says it increases DoT on targets under 35% health but doesn't say by how much.

I used Poison Injection in beta and I could never tell if did more DoT damage vs low health targets, and I never knew if the damage increase would trigger if the DoT was already applied and ticking when the target reached 34% or below or if I had to fire a new arrow for the increase. (IE the target is at 40% HP, I hit it with Poison Injection arrow, 3 seconds later it's below 35% and so has 7 seconds of increased damage DoT).

Is Poison Injection increased damage really low? Granted I was low level when I used it so a small increase to something like 30 damage over 10 seconds is a really low increase. Maybe it scales much better at high levels but I couldn't see a difference whatsoever, in PvE or Cyrodiil.

Didn't use Venom Arrow but people are saying it's not interrupting or stunning correctly. May not be worth morphing into a skill that doesn't do what you want it to do.
  • Drekor
    Drekor
    ✭✭
    Venom arrow works fine, if it hits someone that is using a spell with a cast time and hasn't completed the cast it will interrupt and stun them. The problem is most people assuming someone doing a casting animation means they are actively casting it which is not the case. Most spells are instant and can't be interrupted by venom arrow despite what their animation might look like.

I honestly never could notice a difference with poison injection, I'd have to test it on a pve boss to really see everything else dies to quick for it to matter.
  • nayobug
    nayobug
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't used Poison Injection so I have no insight there, but I have also observed Venom Arrow interrupting and stunning casters properly during play.
  • Rothguard
    Rothguard
    LIke Drekor said Venom arrow work fine for me, but you have pay attention when you use it. I haven't used Poison Injection yet as most of the mobs I have come across so far die before it would have any use.
    “Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.”
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should just make Poison Injection increase the DOT damage by 20% period. The bonus damage seems low and not competitive vs the potential interrupt at all.
    Some questions answer themselves:
    So what is the problem with building specifically against an oil farm????

oil farm????