Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Food vs beverages

Nukeyak
Nukeyak
✭✭
I've noticed that food raises your maximum level of X, whereas drinks raise your X regen rate. Maybe a dumb question, but what's really the difference? Both help you from running out of whatever(X). Are there cases where drink is better than food or vice-versa when questing, dungeons, pvp?
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Just in how it boosts you.. I think some abilities have calculations based off of your stat so boosting it can be a benefit to things like damage. While regen helps you recover faster.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    No matter how high your X is, using abilities which consume it will make you ran out of it, it is just matter of time. While regeneration will resupply your X, and allow you to use more abilities, if you not spamming it.

Even for tanks flat +100 or +200 is nothing really, it means 1 more hit, while +10 regen is way better, not to mention healers which need magicka back, and fast. Having +100 just to be able to cast 1 more skill is not worth it.

Regeneration>>>flat value buff.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Well increasing the heal rate goes for combat and non-combat, so if you increase the heal rate, your stuns or dodges gives your character to heal where as a +X to health simply gives you the boon from the start. I'd almost say the +X health, etc boons are a % as my lvl 10 has 300 hp, but eating the +52 food almost doubles the health bar.