Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

if i skip tutorial, do i still get the skyshard at the beginning ?

Elessor
Elessor
As the title says, you have the option to skip the tutorial intro. Does that also skip the skyshard you get from the old dude?
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    I gather you still get the skyshard and the equivalent experience. You just miss out on all the loot (lockpicks and so on).
  • Miths
    Miths
    You start as level 3 with one skyshard and a few items.
    Edited by Miths on April 12, 2014 1:24PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you do. You start off a few XP into level 3 with some very basic gear.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you skip the tutorial, you start out where you would after leaving coldharbour normally. You begin at level 3, with 2 attribute points and 3 skill points, as well as 1 out of 3 skyshards collected. You begin with an urn that will reward you a bow and a random piece of chest armor when opened (could be light, medium, or heavy, random roll). You also start with a basic sword and 2 handed sword in your inventory.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skipping the tutorial is skipping coldharbor. There is only 1 skyshard in coldharbor and you get that, as well as being level 3. But you start with 0 gold.

The 6 skyshards you're thinking of are on the newbie islands, and you can sail back to those after the tutorial, whether you skip it or not.
  • Elessor
    Elessor
    thanks for the info guys
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I still do tutorial for the lock picks, ingredients and on the rare occasion a piece of armor/weapon/recipe.