Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewellery: not just a girl's best friend.

Basil_oz
Basil_oz
✭✭✭
Has there been anything said about later development of jewellery in the game?

It's a little frustrating that it is not an item that can be crafted, seeing one of the most prolific glyphs crafted are for jewellery.

It rarely drops from victims and the Mages guild seems to be the only place to purchase them... and they are already enchanted!

Basically, whenever you craft a glyph that is for jewellery, I simply sell it as there is no use for it, other than to increase your enchanting.

ZOS, we need to be able to either purchase or craft jewellery, as jewellery is an Enchanters best friend!
NA Mega-server
Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • Naguur86
    Naguur86
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with this. We should be able to craft jewellery. Maybe like in Skyrim where you could craft jewellery what does nothing at first but is enchantable.

Big question is: where to put this? It would be too much as a part for smithing, as a part of enchanting there would be an imbalance with alchemy I think.
    For me, the best solution would be to create a seperate mini crafting ability just for jewellery. This would make nodes for noble metals and gems neccesary. To make things easier they could put the gems and noble metals together in one node so that you get gems and metal together for each tier.
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way you suggest to implement this.

OK devs, we've done the brain storming... now write a couple of lines of code and make this happen! ;)
    NA Mega-server
    Basilthwaite - male Nord Templar Ebonheart Pact (unwittingly looks like Hulk Hogan. Trying to find some bright gold breeches to match the persona.)

Arwen Basilrond - female Wood Elf Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion (this character is smoken', but she's been advised to quite due to 'elf reasons!)

Sir Basil Ozarian - male Imperial Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant (this character is titled, but not entitled!)
  • fantom
    fantom
    ZOS has posted on this forum that they plan to add jewelry crafting in the future.
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    fantom wrote: »
    ZOS has posted on this forum that they plan to add jewelry crafting in the future.

Woohoo! I wonder if they'll call it the Cartier Guild!
    NA Mega-server

• Ozzy420Shadar
    Can't wait to get the new crafting, votes on which tree should get it? i honestly don't know as Smithing already has a LOT in it...
    Tamriels Golden Warriors!
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to craft me own socks. Socks are important!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • neiljwd
    neiljwd
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen.
    Socks 2 b u friend.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    @Basil_oz wrote:
    JEWELLERY: NOT JUST A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND.

That's because those are diamonds.
  • Edda
    Edda
    ✭✭
    Hope they add more jewelry types and slots. There are far too many jewelry enchantments for just 3 slots. There's earrings, of course. And perhaps wrist and even ankle bracelets that can go in the currently existing wrist and foot slots. Then there is medal/broach/pin slot. Oh, and tiaras! I will be the most bejeweled, pretty princess in this game.

Jewelry does not have to be made of just gold, silver and gems, of course. Perhaps we could craft a daedric bone necklace with a string made from dragon hide and with some mostly ornamental phoenix feathers.
    Edited by Edda on April 17, 2014 2:42PM
    “The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.” [Terry Pratchett in Hogfather]
  • Comet201
    Comet201
    ✭✭
    as for jewelry glyphs, don't sell the ones you make, find another enchanter buddy who will trade ya glyph for glyph, break them down for skill ups, just like BS/Wood/Cloth you need to break down others glyphs to skill up enchanting quicker
    Character: Aeries, v14 DK DC
    Guilds: No Mercy, Lion Guard
  • Basil_oz
    Basil_oz
    ✭✭✭
    Comet201 wrote: »
    as for jewelry glyphs, don't sell the ones you make, find another enchanter buddy who will trade ya glyph for glyph, break them down for skill ups, just like BS/Wood/Cloth you need to break down others glyphs to skill up enchanting quicker

I did not know that!!! [Face palms himself] How obvious! Thank you. Now I have a renewed purpose to enchant and make glyphs.
    NA Mega-server