The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Low Level Dungeons at Higher Levels

badabiscuits_ESO
badabiscuits_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hi, my husband and I skipped dungeons while leveling (for the most part, we did fungal grotto only), so when he decided to reroll, I thought I'd help him out and do them with him on my level 34 main.

I couldn't pick up the quests in Banished Cells or Spindleclutch, and I'm just wondering if this is intentional. These quests reward skill points, to my knowledge, and it's disappointing if they can be missed so easily.
  • badabiscuits_ESO
    badabiscuits_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Seems my 34 orc templar (on ebonheart pact) also couldn't pick up the quests in even the more recent level 28ish dungeons (arx and others).

Are you really supposed to be forced to do all dungeons at the "correct" level to get the maximum number of skill points? Or is this a bug? I'm a completionist and it's upsetting enough to me that I'm strongly considering rerolling.
    Edited by badabiscuits_ESO on April 14, 2014 2:40AM
  • Nabren
    Nabren
    Wow that's scary if true. I have done all dungeons at level so I have always been able to accept the quest.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure your quest log isn't full?

I went into Spindleclutch with my level 34 sorcerer (solo) either yesterday or the day before and was able to pick up the quest. It bugged on me shortly thereafter and I was unable to proceed, but I did pick it up.
    Edited by Glurin on April 14, 2014 4:08AM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • badabiscuits_ESO
    badabiscuits_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Definitely didn't have a full quest log, but after trying multiple dungeons (all of them!) and relogging a few times, I've been losing hope.
  • Bell
    Bell
    I have been doing all the lvl 15 dungeons with a lvl 34 and a lvl 41, who had missed them earlier too, a couple of days ago and they've been able to get the quest and the skill points. So, it's probably a bug.
  • mark2472
    mark2472
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible the quest is already in your quest journal? Sometimes the quest is automatically given to you upon entering the dungeon and you don't even have to talk to the NPC. I've had this happen before.
  • aeroch
    aeroch
    ✭✭✭
    I ran Fungal solo at 45 trying to complete it and couldn't get the quest. After that I invited a level 9 and we were able to pick up the quest.
    Edited by aeroch on April 14, 2014 1:41PM
  • ramladu_ESO
    I ran BC solo at level 30 and was able to get the quest line and skill point.
  • badabiscuits_ESO
    badabiscuits_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Strange, at least it seems like hopefully I'm just bugged! I've put in a ticket to try and get this fixed.
  • Furniture
    Furniture
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem with a buddy of mine. I tried to run him through a low level dungeon and I couldn't accept the quest. When we killed the boss, couldn't loot him and we could not continue to the next one.
    Edited by Furniture on April 23, 2014 4:57AM
  • luna21560
    luna21560
    Soul Shriven
    I hope this is a bug.. i've not done BC yet! ack!
  • Argergi
    Argergi
    Soul Shriven
    If your group member already have the quest, you cannot get it when you come in the dungeon..but not always. All members of the group should delete the quest and start it when all members are in the dungeon. Worked everytime for me and i did all the dungeons at high level.
  • a11051605
    a11051605
    I can say that I went back through abunch of low lvl dungeons having skipped them to and I was able to do them all and earn quest/ skill point. So it may be a bug on your end idk. My only beef is I cant que for a dungeon that's slightly lower then me with the group finder. Best of luck. One thing you can try that worked for me once in a bugged dungeon is to disband group and every one go in solo get quest then regroup outside and proceed as normal.
  • De_Vil
    De_Vil
    Soul Shriven
    I'm vet3
    and when i tried to enter skiped dungeons it says your vet lvl is low for that O_o
  • smokes
    smokes
    ✭✭✭
    i've not done any dungeons at all whilst levelling - guess i've missed out on a bunch of skillpoints /doh

well, at least i'm VR3, so should be able to go back and solo most, if not all of them.

kinda sucks i can't get any loot whilst i'm at it though, can never have enough upgrade materials!
  • frozenchicken
    De-Vil, you're likely trying to do the vet instances of those dungeons. I'm quite sure that it is possible to still do the previous instances, though as I'm not yet vet myself, I'm afraid I can't tell you precisely which actions will get you into the correct instances.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That means your group finder tool is set to vet and not normal, I've also gone back and completed dungeons I've missed so it clearly bugs out at times for some :(
  • De_Vil
    De_Vil
    Soul Shriven
    That means your group finder tool is set to vet and not normal, I've also gone back and completed dungeons I've missed so it clearly bugs out at times for some :(
    thx! hint with group finder was helpful