The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jakarn.... And Majoll (NPC side stories so easy to miss)

foxsyd
foxsyd
✭✭✭
So... Did anyone else pick up on that entire side story going on during Stros M'Kai and Betnikh :#

I hope I come across Jakarn and his fan club again, I really enjoyed that one.
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on March 2, 2022 6:58PM
Join my guild!
"Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely saw that going down. Oh Jakarn, so charming even the men want him. Lots of ... stamina. You wouldn't understand B)
    http://youtu.be/htdn2jHi2AY
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
  • Adhal
    Adhal
    ✭✭✭
    Man every time I think I've caught everything in this game, I'm proven wrong. I've never even seen majoll
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQqBMz70iM

All joking aside. Yes there are some really good side stories in this game! I also like Razum-dar from AD!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like Jakarn, but watching everyone chase him across land and sea was quite entertaining!
  • v.clevelandub17_ESO
    v.clevelandub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    loved Jakarn!
  • Luxucs
    Luxucs
    ✭✭✭
    Jakarn/Razum-dur are good ones, yeah. Darien is also quite good.

Still, Cadwell and Sheogorath take the cake for me.
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    Because our guild chose to align with the Ebonheart Pact, I've been spending more time there, the side stories I've found that start at Bleakrock Isle have been more depressing I've fo
    Join my guild!
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    I don't like Jakarn, but watching everyone chase him across land and sea was quite entertaining!

Same here! I didn't care for him, but the side-story with his fans was amusing!
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • SirWilhelm
    SirWilhelm
    Soul Shriven
    Be sure to go back to the ship after you reach Daggerfall to see Jakarn cornered by all his ladies at once.
    Willhellm, Imperial Templar, member of The Sundered Guard in Daggerfall Covenant and budding blacksmith
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved Jakarn. Hope, we'll meet him again on a later stage of the game.
    Also, loved Crafty Lerissa, Nicolene(omg that voice).. Captain Caylin was alright too. Too bad had to choose between Jakarn and Lerissa. But he is too good :)

Really looking forward to meeting all this crew again. And making it up for those who I've offended with my decision about that orcish artifact :)
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    Was Nicolene the captain's zealous fan? I could not stand her. Captain didn't like what I decided. But I stand by it, would do it again.
    Join my guild!
  • omega2010b14_ESO
    omega2010b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Was it me or did Crafty Lerisa sound like Kari Wahlgren (who also voiced Vex in Skyrim)? Elder Scrolls Online isn't listed on her imdb page. I'm also pretty sure Jakarn sounds like Steve Blum.

Also I quite liked Nicolene. There's always a perky and cute sidekick in these type of groups. And her character type is a nice change from the more serious characterization that was part of the tone of Skyrim. Heck the Ebonheart starter questline comes across as more serious because of the Skyrim tone.
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find her perky at all, she reminded me too much of of those fans who are so obsessed with their idol, it borders on creepy.

And yeah, Ebonheart was down right tragic. I did both options on Ebonheart , does not matter which option you take. Both are no win so to speak in there own ways. Daggerfall more light hearted.
    Join my guild!
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I see I am not the only one who found the start of Ebonheart Pact really depressing. Daggerfall Covenant was light hearted and had a lot of humour. Altmeri Dominion was pretty upbeat too. There is character development in both cases trying to help you build a rapport with the characters, only in the Ebonhart Pact quest has you face having a bunch of them killed off shortly after. Did I save you before for nothing?

Jakarn I should dislike on principle of being a womaniser and rouge but he is so charming he gets away with it. I didn't see all the Majoll interactions at first but find it really funny now that I do. I feel sorry for him all the same as he is bound to end up hurt. I would have been curious to be a fly on the wall in what discussion ensued on Betnikh when he is waiting for Jakarn.
    I don't know there is a conclusion with him heartbroken comparable to the showdown with all the female admirers. I could just imagine the dialog.

*Majoll sobbing*
    "Whats wrong?"
    "Oh I don't want to talk about it!"
    "Hey I have been doing provisioning writs. Do you want to share the leftovers to cheer you up?"
    "That's kind of you, sure, what have you got?"
    "Let me see....would you like some Breton sausage?"
    *sobs harder*
    "What did I say?!"
    "You wouldn't understand"
    "Well that is probably for the best anyway. I didn't have any pork so these are made out of monkeys".

I would have loved for these characters to recur more often. In fact the whole build up to joining the ship crew seemed like it could have led to many more quests and adventuring.

I would much rather bump into Jakarn somewhere than the more underwhelming adventurer Lady Laurent.
    I did wonder if it would be interesting for characters to have stories that cross over into other alliance territories. It seems like the Hollow City in Cold Harbour is the big crossover area. Still none of the starting characters seem to end up there.
    Darien Gautier is probably the longest common running Covenant character to make it. Also speaks much of the ladies yet I never see him with any unlike Jakarn.

Edited by carljokl on August 3, 2016 5:18PM
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you even find this thread to bump it after 2+ years?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I was searching for the Jakarn and Majoll thing and this came up. I suppose it may be interesting to note that 2 years on very little has changed. The original quests and storylines are pretty much unchanged. There hasn't been a notable extension of the character plots with new quests except that I found Lady Laurent in Orsinium, the most recent DLC at the time of writing. She manages to get everywhere.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    I came across Razum Dar on the Gold Coast when I was just starting out with the Brotherhood quests, have not done much of that DLC yet.

Had a break for over two years, and now I'm back playing on PS4 as if playing for the first time, concentrating on the one character right now, in the Ebonheart Pact, want to see these stories through to the end now.
    Edited by foxsyd on August 7, 2016 9:28PM
    Join my guild!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    "Well that is probably for the best anyway. I didn't have any pork so these are made out of monkeys".

:D
    carljokl wrote: »
    It seems like the Hollow City in Cold Harbour is the big crossover area. Still none of the starting characters seem to end up there.

Gathwen (Aldmeri Dominion, Khenarthi's Roost) makes it to one of the later Cold Harbour quests.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I could just imagine Jakarn in Coldharbour

If I was a dremora and I came across a handsome guy in Coldharbour...i'd let him live.

Still character wise I think he only cares about himself. I don't really see him as a hero who would risk his life to save Tamriel or even the Daggerfall Covenant.
    My Characters

• KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Luxucs wrote: »
    Sheogorath take the cake for me.

Did someone say...UNCLE SHEO
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Darien, huge fan of Steve Blum so I go crazy any time I hear him in game, Jakarn is a favorite of course. The best though is Abner Tharn, he is so funny, and Sheogorath. Happy face every time I see them in game.
  • Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    It is true that the Bleakrock saga from the Ebonheart Pact is in the end rather depressing, especially its ultimate conclusion (hardest choice I ever made in the entire game).

However, how about Rigurt the Brash, the Nord in charge of the Glorious Expedition for Nord Cultural Exchange? He shows up twice in the Pact storyline and once in Wrothgar and Summerset each and is an absolute riot.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    foxsyd wrote: »
    Was Nicolene the captain's zealous fan? I could not stand her. Captain didn't like what I decided. But I stand by it, would do it again.

Oh yes, she was (at least in her journal writings) :smiley:

pQXNnC6.jpg

ksS4gtS.jpg
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Loved Jakarn. Hope, we'll meet him again on a later stage of the game.
    Also, loved Crafty Lerissa, Nicolene(omg that voice).. Captain Caylin was alright too. Too bad had to choose between Jakarn and Lerissa. But he is too good :)

Really looking forward to meeting all this crew again. And making it up for those who I've offended with my decision about that orcish artifact :)

As far as I know you never get to make it up to them. My BF did this quest line early in his game. Whatever his decision was, he disagreed with what the sea captain wanted to do with the artifact. I don't remember specifics. Now he's up to CP200 or thereabouts and has tried many times to go back to the ship and talk with the captain. Every time she says something to the effect of "we followed our orders and took you where you needed to go. We want nothing to do with you. Get off my ship!" No other dialog available. He hasn't found any other quests involving those people. So if there is a way to get back in their good graces, we haven't found it.

And if you go the other way, you seem to face less fallout. He did that on an alt and the captain continued to be friendly while he really had no reason to go back and interact with the people on the other side of the issue. So it's probably better to side with the sea captain regardless of what you actually think. 😸
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of that crew will show up again in Rivenspire. Lerissa has another appearance in the Gold coast. It's been a while though and I didn't play through all the possibilities in the quest outcomes to see how dialog changes.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has no one but me found poor distraught Majoll in Sentinel? That's the last encounter with him I've found anyway. You can do better, Majoll!
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Hello all!

We have closed this thread as it was originally created in 2014. As the game has undergone many changes over the years since this thread was first posted old posts like this can lead to player confution. If you feel that this subject matter deserves further discussion we welcome you to open a new thread.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.