Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Collectables" Achievement Section

Shotz
Shotz
Got to level 50 and have nothing related to these achievements.
Searched the forums with no results.
The internet isn't helping either, though maybe I haven't been searching hard enough.

So, what is the deal with this section? Are these items rare drops of sorts? Do they come from named mobs across Tamriel? Is it bugged or just simply not implemented?
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    my understanding is certain critters have a low chance of dropping a trophy. You also have a chance of finding them fishing.
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    They're both broken though. They have to be. Not a single person has gotten one thus far.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Now that is very possible. I grant you I haven't seen any trophies other than a hidden quest for 3 head....
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fishing ones are not broken. I have gotten a few of the Fishing achievements. The Collectables achievements may have not been implemented all the way however.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    And it could simply be a very very very rare chance of occurring.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some broken achievements still Alyrn. It's not a knock on the game. They just didn't get around to them yet. Given how nobody I know who has tested this game extensively ever saw one of those dropped collectables, I somehow doubt they were implemented. Just like how the Crafting Sacks never goes up even though I and you and everyone else has looted dozens of Heavy Sacks and hundreds of regular sacks.
  • Sojan
    Sojan
    ✭✭
    I have a Bear Trap trophey. Not sure if that is covered in the achievment but, I have it none the less.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's what I think it is Sojan, it's a Quest/ Dungeon trophy. Those are different.

Hit 'J' and the third tab in the upper right. That's your achievements tab. Under 'Collectables', do you actually have any of them solid/ not grayed out?

EDIT: If it works like the Fishing achievements, you won't actually have anything in your inventory. You just discover the collectable. There is no physical trophy to loot.
    Edited by nudel on April 12, 2014 3:31AM
  • SunfireKnight86
    SunfireKnight86
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if I was the only one. I have 17 days /played and I don't have any yet.

Chalk it up to "Check Back Later For Full Game".
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost ready for update 2 and this stuff doesn't even work? Wow, pathetic.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR6 now finished 2 complete zones and 0 on this sesscion
  • Tallarra
    Tallarra
    well i emailed support asking about this and they said it's working as intended and then told me to submit feedback if i feel that the drops are alittle too rare. so i submitted feedback saying i think it may be too rare as i've never heard of anyone getting any.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These items dont exist. No one i know has found any "collectibles"
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with c0rp here, I've killed tens of, if not hundreds of thousand of people/monsters/animals/etc, and not one rare drop.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • voltorsfury
    voltorsfury
    ✭✭
    Found this thread when searching for a reason why I still have zero achievements under collectables. I like to go through them all from time to time to see what else I can work on. I see that the thread was started in April, I still have none and have been playing actively since Launch, does anyone else have any of these achievements or know anymore about this achievement line yet?
    @Voltorsfury - GM of Order Of Explorers PvE/PvX guild - Ebonheart Pact
    Mid Sized, Friendly, Active, semi-casual guild! We use TS 3 for events.
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    this hasn't been implemented in live (aside from the achievement section haha) but from what I have read on another thread it IS working on the PTS, so next update for the live game we should see these.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I'm curious if the Collectibles are now working on the PTS if it's retroactive? In other words, if I found one of those collectibles in the past will it suddenly show up after the next update?
  • Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    So I'm curious if the Collectibles are now working on the PTS if it's retroactive? In other words, if I found one of those collectibles in the past will it suddenly show up after the next update?

I think it depends on the issue, if its a display problem and the data is still there the achievement will pop-in with the update. If the data is not being recorded however (like some fishing achievements were doing) then probably no
    War Dogs
    MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
    Rage. Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
    murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
    hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls…
  • Furrby
    Furrby
    Soul Shriven
    Well, I found the Chattering Skull (from a drop) and the achievement still has that grayed out for me. Guess the Collectibles category is not working properly yet.

As for the comments about the fishing, that is another category, so that may be why the work.
  • Furrby
    Furrby
    Soul Shriven
    OK, I just figured it out. You have to "Use" it to get it to count.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Found this thread when searching for a reason why I still have zero achievements under collectables. I like to go through them all from time to time to see what else I can work on. I see that the thread was started in April, I still have none and have been playing actively since Launch, does anyone else have any of these achievements or know anymore about this achievement line yet?

You have to use them to register them, and you need to register a whole set to get the achievement.

Oh and if you have alts in other zones, some collectibles are shared, so if you get more than one, check the achievement lists for your alts.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • brooksey2008
    brooksey2008
    Soul Shriven
    When you have them what are they for
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have About 9 trophies, but zero achievements, when you collect a trophy it should unlock an achievement some even have cool tdicks they do.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been hunting down the creature trophies off and on for the past two or three months now and have gotten quite a few of them. Whether or not you'll get one is totally up to RNG but they should all be findable with the exception of "Fleshy Simbiont" which ZOS acknowledges has a bugged drop rate but hasn't (as far as I know) fixed yet.

The trophies themselves are tied to the specific creature type and must be within so many levels of your character. Meaning if your trying to get the "Petrified Spider Egg" you can get it from any spider anywhere in the world but if the spiders your killing don't give XP or drop loot you won't be able to get a trophy from it. The achievements for collecting the trophies are only unlock after you've collected the full set.

I recommend reading through http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/129559/collectible-achievement-guide-spoiler-alert/p1, for anybody who's looking to take a crack at trophy hunting. It's a very helpful guide with a lot useful information.

Edited by Fruitmass on July 22, 2015 3:33AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...