Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Filling Soul Gems?

jones52j
jones52j
For instance soul tree has a skill that traps souls and fills soul gems. Now I may be mistaken but I've never seen empty soul gems. Do you get new ones with this or..??

Thanks for any information!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are empty soul gems, but I've never had a problem finding filled gems, especially in dungeons.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found one (my only one so far) in a chest by the seashore
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also buy unfilled ones for cheaper than filled ones from vendor.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    The mystic merchant has empty soul gems forsale.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I will note that if you farm the minibosses like some do then you will have lots as they almost always drop a filled soul gem of the appropriate level.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    I buy mine empty (early game) as I rely upon weapon enchantments. They're cheap and what else am I going to spend money on?

Now that I'm into the game a bit, I'm finding more and more.
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can buy unfilled gems from vendors, they are cheap although price does increase with level, up to lvl20 I think they are 50g each, I usually buy them, I havent found that many while exploring, then just use the soul capture to fill them (only works if the NPC you are fighting is same level range as the soul gems you have though), if you fight a 1-10 NPC and have a 10-20 gem, it wont fill, and vice versa