Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade TANK based on Magicka, Dodge and Stamina Regen.

DogDay
DogDay
BUILD NOTES:
If sprint, dodge roll, bash, and block consume a set percentage of Stamina,

If maximum Stamina correlates with LMB light and heavy attack potency, and maximum Magicka correlates with spell potency,

If "Dodge Chance" is a quality apart from "dodge roll" and the abilities "Elude" and "Mirage" can stack,

Then this build is a Dodge Chance heavy, Magicka dependent PVE TANK.

The crux of the build is a 50% chance to dodge targeted damage. Mitigation through dodging allows the use of Medium Armor to focus on Stamina regeneration. There's no reason to pump up maximum Stamina, if all the universal Stamina skills are based upon a set percentage. The passive skill "Refreshing Shadows", coupled with
"Refreshing Paths" ought to aid in Stamina recovery.

To further this end, Magicka abilities are substituted in lieu of their Stamina counterparts. For example, "Inner Beast" is a Magicka-dependent substitute for "Ransack"; further, dodging reduces the significance of the Armor bonus from "Ransack".

Since ESO dungeons require AoE CC, "Lotus Fan", "Refreshing Path" (or should it be "Twisting Path"?), and "Soul Siphon" are used.

The weapon is One Hand and Shield, due to bash and block cost reductions. The armor is 5 Medium/2 Heavy due to Stamina Regeneration prioritization.

MY CONCERNS:
Thus far, I've successfully tanked the first six dungeons multiple times, but they're relatively easy for anyone, so I'm curious: please give me your insights on "Dodge Chance," ability choice, if I can substitute 2 Light for the 2 Heavy, and general viability.

MEDIA:
http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#ccsXygGFla8y1ay8If0n8GFlZ8dHkG8IPww85op7JLkHY6MdBvT6MdBvj6MdBEp6cdBET8T7JMrqAi6MrqAD6MrqAZ6crqLw8y7HMfQE16MfQE36MfQlr6MfQlu6MfQlI8C7Drzqq6Lzqb6MGFWA6MGFWn8D7DLzds6MIrv36MIrEf6MIrEh8F7NrzrO6MIPNU6MIPAT6MIPAv837cLw338zz7pztyfm6ctyfV6ctyfR
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you playing by yourself? Other classess can help buff you.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• DogDay
    DogDay
    No, I don't go into group dungeons by myself.

In fact, I have two group synergy abilities.

The goal is to immediately remove 50% damage taken, leave Stamina open for blocks, bashes, and dodge rolls, and have plenty of Magicka to hold agro with AoE.
  • mblythe21b14_ESO
    Elude is very expensive. I loved the idea of it, but once you waste 35% of your Stamina for 23% dodge chance, it isnt cost effective.

With Spectre's Eye 5 set you can get that to 43% or 63% pretty easily, but I dunno. It just didnt seem worth it. (Even though I still may use the Spectre's Eye set)

One thing that did make it cool was that when you did evade, it was the old school evade from DAOC. Where the arms would flare out. I really liked that. If they ever buff Elude to make it worth while, I will gladly use it. To me, what you spend in resource should come close to what ya get. It is way outta whack with Elude imo.