Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

No Ultima... ?

SeñorCinco
SeñorCinco
✭✭✭✭
I have the Storm Atro Ultima and it's all for not. In 20 hrs of gameplay since I took the ability, I have tried to use it many times. It has only worked once.

It will fill up and flash, only to be completely depleted when I get ready to use it. I have submitted two tickets on this, already. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the similar.

Edited by SeñorCinco on April 11, 2014 5:49PM
Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to use it right after it fills up?

The reason i'm asking, if it's full but you don't use it for a while, it will reset to 0 eventually.
    I'm not sure what the criteria or time limit is, but a full ultimate will go back to 0 if not used for a while.
    ;-)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the criteria or time limit is, but a full ultimate will go back to 0 if not used for a while.
    I cannot accept that to be the intended mechanics of this feature.

Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot accept that to be the intended mechanics of this feature.
    In that case, make sure you /bug or /feedback it in-game until you get a response from ZOS ...
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on April 11, 2014 5:54PM
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    In that case, make sure you /bug or /feedback it in-game until you get a response from ZOS ...
    Like I said in the OP, I've submitted two tickets on the issue. I didn't have this problem during the beta. It was ready when I needed it.

EDIT :

It seems way too nonsensical to me. In what concept does it make sense to have it ready to use, only to find out you waited seconds too long to use it?

Edited by SeñorCinco on April 11, 2014 6:06PM
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    The ultimate builds as you fight, the ultimate icon will get lighter and lighter until it glows. It is then ready for use. Some ultimates cost more than others and will take longer to fill up. As was stated before it will decrease again if not used and you stay out of combat. In a group dungeon my ultimate is up for almost every boss. While doing an anchor I also get enough for my ultimate. Walking around killing something every so often or kill 5 of something for a quest isn't enough to fill the ultimate though and unless you continue to kill things or use your ultimate it will reset. Unless your ultimate is filling up then immediately dropping to 0 it is indeed working as intended. Since you're a Sorcerer there is a skill that you can put points into to reduce the cost of activating the ultimate.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After using it intensively for the past 30 levels of game-play... I have noticed there are times where it will reset after intervals of non-combat. But... I have also noticed that it will never reset... atleast in certain locations. I suspect your level plays a part + the level of the area you are currently in. As a level 30 in Elden Root, I noticed my Ultima would dissipate in 5 minutes or so of just talking with NPCs or buying and selling stuff. Yet, in Marbruk which is closer to my level, I was in the city for 20 minutes and my Storm Atronach was still primed up and ready to go, which pleasantly surprised me to the point where I just wanted to unleashed him on an unfortunate duo of Skeevers not for from the city because reasons.

BUT... In the area of Greenshade which is more suited for my current level, there were still times where my Ultima would reset again... So, I don't know...

Also, If you are over-level'd relative to the area and enemies you are fighting, you are gimped. If the enemy is more than 5 levels below your current level, your ultimate will never charge. If you already have ultimate, it will stay charged so long as you periodically engage in combat, but you cannot recharge it against said enemies.

This is very bad balancing, as the logic behind is flawed. Just because you are 6+ levels above an enemy, does not make you inherently godly. Especially since there are enemies that can still solo you even if they are under-leveled. Like, Trolls for example...

EDIT: PS, Good to see you Cinco. This is Hevnoraak from the Beth forums BTW.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on April 11, 2014 6:12PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • jammery2k
    jammery2k
    Soul Shriven
    The best use of this skill is to turn it on and off Fast! Doing so prevents what you are talking about. Because it burns ultimate even if you aren't attacking.

My use is to let it charge to max ultimate (Usually 3 -5 packs of mobs) Wait for groups of greater than 3 - 'R' And Melt - turn it off kill single/duo packs without it.

Its also good to use when you hit 0 Magicka - depending on what morph you choose.

Using the off/on method I can usually go thru 4-5 packs before I am out of ultimate. In Open dungeons I just charge it then run down hallways like a lawnmower

EDIT: Question since we are all users of this skill - It replaces Weapon damage - does the "Surge" or "Power Surge" increase the damage when using Power Overcharge?
    Edited by jammery2k on April 11, 2014 6:19PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have this problem during the beta. It was ready when I needed it.
    Actually, it's been like that ever since i remember.
    15+ weekend betas and 6+ months on PTS.
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on April 11, 2014 6:14PM
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I didn't notice it during the beta because the only one I used was Overcharge.

Still, I have died from depending on it, only to find it's not available.
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    jammery2k wrote: »
    The best use of this skill is to turn it on and off Fast! Doing so prevents what you are talking about. Because it burns ultimate even if you aren't attacking.

My use is to let it charge to max ultimate (Usually 3 -5 packs of mobs) Wait for groups of greater than 3 - 'R' And Melt - turn it off kill single/duo packs without it.

Its also good to use when you hit 0 Magicka - depending on what morph you choose.

Using the off/on method I can usually go thru 4-5 packs before I am out of ultimate. In Open dungeons I just charge it then run down hallways like a lawnmower

You certainly must be talking about a different ultimate than the Storm Atronach. The Storm Atronach ultimate is a one time use that summons it in a set area and it attacks enemies around it until it dies or runs out of time (15-20 secs). It is not an ultimate that you can toggle on and off like that.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭

You certainly must be talking about a different ultimate than the Storm Atronach.
    He's referring to something like Overcharge, I'd imagine.
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• jammery2k
    jammery2k
    Soul Shriven

You certainly must be talking about a different ultimate than the Storm Atronach.
    He's referring to something like Overcharge, I'd imagine.

I am - Sorry I jumped threads there. But Hey Use Overcharge! =)
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    jammery2k wrote: »
    But Hey Use Overcharge! =)
    I'm afraid this character doesn't use that skill line. B)
    Edited by SeñorCinco on April 11, 2014 6:24PM
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    EDIT: PS, Good to see you Cinco. This is Hevnoraak from the Beth forums BTW.

Heavy!!! My, man!

*chest bump*

EDIT :

Sorry, but that deserved a double post to give Hev the proper.

Edited by SeñorCinco on April 11, 2014 6:28PM
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• codyyoungnub18_ESO
    Buggy imo. It does appear it will not build off really low level stuff (that appears consistent), but the emptying to zero appears to be random. I went through beginner dungeon with it charged and after using it, it would not rebuild ultimate until I went to level appropriate. The just dumping to zero has happened on way too many different occasions that have no connection.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Sorcery Lie Ultimates how am I supposed to use Suppression field. I hit R to get the ring of the projected AoE and then what it always seems to lag so im banging on the R key the mouse key and the E key sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    Speaking of Sorcery Lie Ultimates how am I supposed to use Suppression field. I hit R to get the ring of the projected AoE and then what it always seems to lag so im banging on the R key the mouse key and the E key sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
    Once you have the AoE in place, you hit your normal attack. It took my a couple of tries to get that one figured out.

I initially thought it worked as being held to place and release to execute.

THat is... with the Storm Atro. I 'd think it was the same for the others.
    Edited by SeñorCinco on April 11, 2014 8:29PM
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just now opted to turn on that horrid action bar to see what the hell is going on with this. So far I've found that my L13 character can be completely empty and kill six L11 enemies and be at full Ultimate.

Now, to find an AO to show an Ultima bar like Magicka / Health / Stamina so I can turn that stupid thing off again. :p
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.