Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game has crashed 3 times since update this morning

Teeg
Teeg
✭✭✭
Normally I might have 1 crash a day. Today I've already crashed 3 times.

Computer info: Late 2012 iMac, 24 GB ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Mara's Tester <3 Psijic Order <3 Sidekick Order <3 Karma Chameleon
She Who Explores >:) She Who Wanders >:) Te-ge >:) She Who Wonders (EU)
Mara's Moxie <3 The Sidekick Order <3 The Psijic Order
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why that is. Where was it? PVE or PvP? If you can post a crash report in this thread is will help to see if it is memory related or not.
  • Teeg
    Teeg
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I had seen this sooner. 3 of the times I got the crash report from ZOS and sent it back, the 4th time, I had an Apple report, so sent as much as I could fit into the 4000 letters you're allowed in a bug report. If it happens today, I'll definitely post a report there.

It just seems weird because I've never had the frequent crashing issue that I know some have had. Like I said, normally it's maybe 1 crash, and that's if I've been playing most of the day, I'll have a crash towards evening. Yesterday I had 4 crashes total (1 after I posted this).
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teeg wrote: »
    Wish I had seen this sooner. 3 of the times I got the crash report from ZOS and sent it back, the 4th time, I had an Apple report, so sent as much as I could fit into the 4000 letters you're allowed in a bug report. If it happens today, I'll definitely post a report there.

It just seems weird because I've never had the frequent crashing issue that I know some have had. Like I said, normally it's maybe 1 crash, and that's if I've been playing most of the day, I'll have a crash towards evening. Yesterday I had 4 crashes total (1 after I posted this).
    The Apple report wont show more than confirm the memory issue as it only reports of the ZOSCrashReporter fails to launch for that for some reason so there's no need to post them (plus they are huge).

Posting the ZOS report can help just to see if it is memory related of another reason.

Frequency of crashing depends largely on numbers of players around, activity in game (more frequent in PvP) and also settings. Setting Shadow Quality to Medium (lower as applicable) will help reduce frequency generally)
  • Teeg
    Teeg
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, I upgraded from 8 to 24 GB of memory just a bit before the game went live. Maybe that's why I haven't had many issues. I haven't been on much today, but if I get another crash, I'll definitely share it.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teeg wrote: »
    Hmm, I upgraded from 8 to 24 GB of memory just a bit before the game went live. Maybe that's why I haven't had many issues. I haven't been on much today, but if I get another crash, I'll definitely share it.
    Unfortunately as it's a 32-bit client (both Mac & PC) they can only use 4GB of RAM. Having more will help overall computer performance though.

When they release a 64-bit client that will be able to use all the RAM you have and make the memory issue a non-issue.