Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

quest gapfrom 22 to 25

spawn10459
spawn10459
✭✭✭
So it seems there is a quest gap from levels 22 to 25.

What did you do to get past this gap?
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    Not necessarily a gap at that point, but you do hit points where you mow down quests while avoiding a lot of a creature killing. You end up falling behind level wise. Exploring helps. Make sure you clear all the public dungeons and get all the shards in an area.

If you're really stuck, head to the pvp area. They have some pve quests + pvp stuff that will give you a leg out in experience.

You can also run instanced group dungeons.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    Do instance quests still give EXP if you out leveled them?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't run in to this gap. I've basically managed to maintain the same level (plus or minus 1) as my quests by clearing every quest in a zone. It doesn't hurt to hit public dungeons, elite areas or a group dungeon every now and then.
    ----
    Murray?
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's been fine on the EP side.
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    i finished all quests instances world bosses in the first two zones and only level 22.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On the Aldmeri side I do feel like I ran into a bit of a "level gap" after completing Grahtwood. I finished Grahtwood at level 23, but the quest leading me on to Greenshade was level 26.

I know, I know, people are going to say that I didn't explore or that I missed quests or didn't do this, that or the other thing. I did get the quest achievement for Grahtwood. I cleared every anchor, every boss location, and collected every skyshard. I filled in every marker on the map. I even went online to find a complete map of Grahtwood to make sure I didn't miss any markers. The only quest line I found that I didn't finish was Blacksap's Hold (it was bugged) but I doubt that would've made up 3 levels of difference.

Furthermore, I did not experience this level gap in any of the zones afterwards. I finished Greenshade and Malabal Tor at levels at or slightly beyond what I needed to proceed to the next zone (judging by the level of the bread crumb quest that leads you to the next zone). I'm now level 44 in Reaper's March and, if the bugged quests in that zone were fixed, I think I'd easily get to level 45 which I believe is the level that triggers the next stage of the Main Quest series (and on to Coldharbor which is also apparently bugged so maybe it's a good thing I'm not there yet).
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    So what did you do to get past that gap Darkk
  • PrimalThought
    Wow. I always seem to be 2-3 levels higher than the quests I am doing. I have 4 characters ranging from level 6-19 and 3 of them are higher than the quests I am picking up.

• darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    spawn10459 wrote: »
    So what did you do to get past that gap Darkk

I went to Cyrodiil, though not to PvP. There's these little towns scattered around Cyrodiil that have a bunch of PvE quests to do. Those quests also seem to reset once a day so that you can do them again. Granted, you have to watch out for enemy players because they'll probably want to kill you on sight. I didn't run into too many players, though, since I tried to stay away from the keeps.

Also collected a bunch of skyshards while I was there.
  • Sanspoof
    Sanspoof
    ✭✭✭
    The only quest line I found that I didn't finish was Blacksap's Hold (it was bugged) but I doubt that would've made up 3 levels of difference.
    In case you still want to do it, abandon the quest then go to Cormount. The quest giver pops up there too, and if you accept the quest in that city it won't be bugged.
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys. looks like i need to go find these PVE quests.